Albums you can't stop listening to at the moment?.

Yes. The new Nile is awesome. Good production, good riffs, certainly NOT shitty cookie cutter brutal dm ala Unique Leader. I think it is their best album yet, and that they have really gotten better with each album. They are easily one of the best "modern" death metal bands.

Its such a good mixture of Nile, its not all just blasting. the slow doomy parts are some of the best stuff ever :kickass:
Dallas' vocals are better than ever. The lyrics own, the sing'along parts will be epic as fuck in a live setting.

Rapture - Silent Stage
Summoning - Minas Morgul

With Fear I Kiss The Burning Darkness, probobly my favourite ATG album, for right now anyways.

It has been my favorite for many, many years; I doubt you will find a better melodic death album.

I tend not to listen to one album compulsively. Plus I've been doing so much this summer that I haven't had much time to listen to some of my newer albums more than once or twice. Once I'm settled in at college I think I'll have more time to give my CD's the time they deserve.

Tool - Lateralus
Between the Buried and Me - The Silent Circus
Strapping Young Lad - The New Black
Opeth - Damnation
Nevermore - This Godless Endeavour
Necrophagist - Epitaph
Meshuggah - Nothing
The Mars Volta - De-loused in the Comatorium
Iced Earth - Something Wicked This Way Comes
Andy McKee - The Art of Motion
Black Flag - In My Head
Death - Leprosy

This is what my week consisted of.

Ares Kingdom - Return to Dust

In particular the track A Dream of Armageddon. Insanely good death/thrash.

Also...

Nae'blis - Sketches of Reality
Beatrik - Journey Through the End of Life
Throne of Ahaz - Nifelheim (The Dawn of War kicks my ass every time)

Yes. The new Nile is awesome. Good production, good riffs, certainly NOT shitty cookie cutter brutal dm ala Unique Leader. I think it is their best album yet, and that they have really gotten better with each album. They are easily one of the best "modern" death metal bands.
Really? I've heard a few songs off of it through XM radio and the best song I heard was that Papyrus song, it is really good, but the rest I heard, Ityllphallic, Language of the Shadows and another one were just good but not spectacular. I'm eventually going to get it but I'm not sure if this tops AOTW, I'm expecting just a good solid release so I don't think I'll be disappointed.

Drudkh - Autumn Aurora
Silencer - Death: Pierce Me
The Meads Of Asphodel - Exhuming the Grave Of Yeshua
Stargazer - The Scream That Tore The Sky
Akercocke - Choronzon

Really? I've heard a few songs off of it through XM radio and the best song I heard was that Papyrus song, it is really good, but the rest I heard, Ityllphallic, Language of the Shadows and another one were just good but not spectacular. I'm eventually going to get it but I'm not sure if this tops AOTW, I'm expecting just a good solid release so I don't think I'll be disappointed.
Some of the songs aren't all that catchy, but the songwriting and musicianship is generally better than it has ever been, and it has always been top notch with Nile. Dallas and Karl are GREAT guitarists. My favorite song so far is As He Creates So He Destroys, a display or killer riffs and stellar technical skill.

Ulver - Perdition City
Katatonia - The Great Cold Distance
Ludovico Einaudi - Divenire
Mithras - Behind The Shadows Lies Madness
Spite Extreme Wing - Magnificat

The Meads Of Asphodel - Exhuming the Grave Of Yeshua
Stargazer - The Scream That Tore The Sky

winner.jpg