Which 5 albums from 2002 do you still listen to?

Nate The Great

What would Nathan do?
May 10, 2002
www.ultimatemetal.com
I have enough CD's from 2003 to listen to, but I still like to go back to these from 2002:

*Meshuggah - Nothing
Isis - Oceanic
Hopesfall - The Satellite Years
Today is the Day - Sadness Will Prevail
Agalloch - The Mantle

*I've actually listened to this many, many, many more times in 2003 than I did in 2002. It just somehow started to reveal its brilliance to me. BRILLIANT! Beer in a bottle . . . BRILLIANT!

off the top of my head-
Amon Amarth- Versus The World
Anaal Nathrakh-Total Fucking Necro
Agalloch- The Mantle
Nile-In their Darkened Shrines
Ulver-Lykantropen

Bloodbath - Ressurection Through Carnage
Fleshcrawl - Soulskinner
Ghoul - We Came For The Dead
Impaled - Mondo Medicale
Vomitory - Blood Rapture

There's a couple of really important things I'm forgetting...

Hardly any. Just too many CD's from 2003 (and pre-2002 to contend with). I will say though, there are a few 2002 releases that I got this year - does that count?

Xasthur - Nocturnal Poisoning
Vader - Revelations
Morrigan - Enter the Sea of Flames
Amon Amarth - Versus the World (well, in truth, I grab the CD only to put on the Sorrow Throughout the Nine Worlds second disc)

Maybe some Nile, Opeth, and Symphony X. Haven't heard The Mantle even once this year - I'll always choose it last from all the other albums of it's like: Ulver, Empyrium, Tenhi, and even other Agalloch! Should get it off the shelf one of these days...

From what I can think off....

Agalloch - The Mantle
Nile - In these Darkened Shrines
Queens of the Stone Age - whatever the fuck that album is called. Something Deaf or someting.
Today is the Day - Sadness will Prevail
Jerry Cantrell - Degradation Trip (EVERYONE MUST OWN THIS!!!)
more I'm sure...

it's 2002 the topic, right ?
1. NILE 'In Their Darkenest Shrine'

2. INCANTATION 'Blasphemy'

4. JUDAS ISCARIOT ‘Moonlight Butchery’

3. SHINING 'Sjålvdestruktivitetens Emissarie'

5. INQUISITION - 'Invoking the Majestic Throne of Satan'

1. Atrox - Terrestrials (To me, it´s the best album since my all time fave "Within The Veil" by Fear Of God - I wonder how much slag off I´ll get for this one!)
2. Kari Bremnes - 11 ubesvarte anrop
3. Madder Mortem - Deadlands (@JayKeeley: I know you heartily hate this album, but I´m absolutely serious - I wouldn´t listen about 100 times to an album I don´t really like! Oh, I know, I´ve got a terrible taste in music :)grin::D:D), because I even like Nightwish and "you don´t get worse than that" - as I have been told by another member of UM. But who cares?)
4. The Third And The Mortal - Memoirs
5. Mari Boine - Eight Seasons

Sorry, not much metal here. :D (However, astonishingly only stuff from Norway!)

agalloch-the mantle
craft-terror propaganda
nehëmah-light of a dead star

though i dont remember if i got all of them in 2002, but i think so.

2002-albums im sure i got this year which i still listen to of course:
megiddo-the atavism of evil
morrigan-enter the sea of flames
shining-självdestruktivitetens emissarie
mütiilation-black millennium(grimly reborn) (or is this one 2001? maybe)
etc..

I still listen to the Agalloch album quite frequently, it's become one of my favorites from any era. Other top highlights from last year (Arcturus, Pain Of Salvation, Dark Tranquillity, Porcupine Tree, etc.) still command my attention as much as they did upon release.

Tribalchemy said:
2. INCANTATION 'Blasphemy'
Ooh, ooh, me too. *waves hand in the air*

Burkhard said:
3. Madder Mortem - Deadlands (@JayKeeley: I know you heartily hate this album, but I´m absolutely serious - I wouldn´t listen about 100 times to an album I don´t really like!
Hey, that's cool. I know lots of other people who like it too. Having said that, it is a 2003 release, so it doesn't qualify for this thread. :p

This is your first post here, right? If so, welcome. :)

Oh, I know, I´ve got a terrible taste in music :)grin::D:D), because I even like Nightwish and "you don´t get worse than that" - as I have been told by another member of UM. But who cares?)
I have Oceanborn. I like it for certain occasions, but I'm pretty sure I don't need any more Nightwish. I certainly like Nightwish more than Bladder Boredom.

Ha ha, I make teh funnay!!!11

@JayKeeley: I already bought "Deadlands" in a record store on Dec. 15, 2002, so at least for me here in Germany this album does qualify for this thread.:p (Whereas the album "11 ubesvarte anrop" by Kari Bremnes was, according to my knowledge, only released in Norway in November 2002. In Germany, they recently released the English version, but I won´t buy it, because I definitely prefer to hear Kari singing in her beautiful Northern Norwegian dialect, which sounds much more authentic than her English vocals. It´s a shame they don´t release the original version here in Germany. In my opinion, Kari´s songs lose a lot of their original charm when she sings them with English lyrics, as she already did on "Norwegian Mood". Well, as I only listen to the Norwegian version of "11 ubesvarte anrop", which was released in 2002, this album also qualifies for this thread.)

Actually, the post to which you referred was not my first on Royal Carnage. I already replied to a question (was it yours? I´m not sure right now) whether Monika Edvardsen´s sister Ann-Mari was still singing in The Third And The Mortal. Maybe you just overlooked that post.