Do you still listen to Watershed?

I like to spin Coil/Heir Apparent/Hessian Peel every once in a while, but it's hands down the weakest Opeth album so far.

thanks hexwind.. :D
No prob

what interview do you mean?
I don't think mike knows me at all,
I don't actually remember, he stated that some people come to him and say :" you/your music saved my life" and he said that he likes it but he doesn't want to have such responsibility.
I tried to be his friend in Facebook,
he never accepts me, heheh
Don't lol, Mike doesn't have any official Facebook page and you can read that in one of his blogs in his official Myspace page.

I probably listen to Watershed the most of any Opeth album.

The only two on my pc harddrive are Watershed and Ghost Reveries, and I always get bored with GR very fast. Just something about it.

I'm kinda in the same situation.

I can't stop listening to Watershed, and sometimes I think that I should listen to another Opeth album. I put on Ghost Reveries and get bored a couple songs in, so I try Blackwater Park/Deliverance/Still Life, and have no better luck with those, either.

So then I put Watershed back in and it's bliss. Weird, cause I used to love those albums so much.

It has been said in this thread B4 but I will repeat...WS is a good album but lacks the Opeth "autumn" feeling of the others. Even though all of the other albums sounded different from one another in their own respects they all had the common autumn feel. I listen to MAYH and BWP the most by far.

pyzamnothanks.jpg

Hey guys. Does anyone here own the limited edition version of Watershed? It comes in a cardboard box that opens like an envelope and is packaged to look like an envelope. It has the regular CD version of Watershed plus a DVD with a DTS version of the album, and three bonus tracks. I want to put this DTS version and the bonus tracks on my MP3 player but I don't know how. Any suggestions?

For I have been a Proggy for quite some years now and discovered Watershed only in february this year, I can say that Yes I do listen to watershed and I think it is the best album in 2008.

I am a huge fan of My Dying Bride and Dream Theater but Watershed is better than their new albums (although they are really great).

I've never tired of an Opeth album before 'Watershed'. I still listen, if not daily at least weekly to 'Orchid', 'Morningrise', 'My Arms Your Hearse', 'Still Life' and 'Ghost Reveries'. To a lesser extent 'Blackwater Park' and 'Deliverance'.
But oh, how fast I tired of 'Watershed' :cry:
Some of the songs still have a grip on me - namely 'Coil' and 'The Lotus Eater' - but the rest .. meh.

I hope the next album manages to
a) Get back some of the old vibe/mood, call it "forest metal" if you will
b) Gets the balance right between extreme metal and progressive rock