How do you listen to Opeth?

Saphira said:
*Gives aestusmaris@hotmail.com a lick on the cheek for a decent thread*

First off it has to be loud.. not so it hurts your ears but loud enough so you can't talk over it.
I love listening to Opeth with friends that love them just as much as me, you can just look at each other and you know what your both thinking.. how fucking good it is. A good girlfriend of mine and myself are always in sync when we listen to Opeth.. always air drumming or headbanging at the same time, it's weird.

I also love listening to opeth are having a couple of cones. Its just amazing.

DAM STRAIGHT!!! :headbang:

Normally when I'm first hearing or discovering an Opeth album, I'll give it my full attention. With Still Life this meant listening to it on a good set of headphones before bed. With Ghost Reveries it meant turning off the lights, cranking my studio monitors and blaring it through those, staring at nothing but darkness.

Now I mainly play their music whilst I'm playing Diablo 2 or something :)

Cheers for ze lick black cat person, I find Opeth (hard or soft) great to listen to while drunk off my face or on the brink of sleep, 'specially the more emotional parts, gets the body tingling. I'm unfortunately not blessed with many friends who enjoy Opeth, preferring an easier listen but listening to the fab five with some dutch influence is sublime, 'specially with glowstick juice covering the walls in the dark (also try with caravan or camel).

hmm I listen to Opeth while in the bus, while sleeping, while walking... with speakers or headphones and yes, sometimes I jump around like a loon air-guitaring :D. Right now, I'm listening to Opeth too.

The best Opeth experience I had when I did not really sleep for 2 days. I got home at 2 am, smoked some weed and put on black water park. That was out of this world :).

Air guitaring on opeth is cool, although I think opeth is not the best band for air guitaring. With opeth I prefer playing along on a real guitar :).

Usually as a backround music while cleaning or doing other manly stuff :D.
Or via headphones, so you can really enjoy every detail on the songs.
When I'm drinking with my buddies they get a bit annoyed because it's always like "Be quiet! Here comes the great part!" .. :loco:

I listen to it any way possible, headphones whilst at work, stereo when at home, in the car. Its important to listen to on good headphones to hear all the nuances. I listen in the bath, anywhere I can. Since I first heard Opeth, a day hasnt gone passed when I havent listened to them. I don't usually air guitar, I just sing along, and if a guitar is to hand I'll play along. I find some songs do make me air guitar more then other, The Leper Affinity for instance.

Nothing's better than listening to harvest while watching the rain... or to rage out while enjoing godhead's lament! :headbang:

I listen to them with headphones or on my stereo on in my car or on a bus or at work or at school or by myself or with my friends or in the dark or in the light... Seriously, they get more time than any other band. When I'm angry it's all Demon of the Fall, Deliverance, The Leper Affinity and now Ghost of Perdition. When I'm depressed I like to listen to Morningrise and Damnation. I listen to all of it whenever I can until my ears bleed and then I listen a little more.

Mostly in my Pontiac with 500 watts & a tight subwoofer. Front windows open about 1 inch each.
Also at work when all the co-workers are gone. They can't handle real fucking music.

1. On my laptop all over the house and at uni.
2. Desktop on 5.1 surround (but setup just as stereo pumped through each channel, xcept woofer).
3. Headphones MDREX71SL the best valued earphones
4. Stereo at home - Harmon Kardon stereo amplifier with some seriously sick speakers (sand boxes at the bottom, dual-channel RCAs, spiked).

Opeth is amazing on a good stereo!

I can listen to it all the time.
On the bus, in my room, here in front of the computer and so on.
I create my own world when i listen to them, so it doesn't matter where I am. But if I'm in my room, I allow my self to go crazy, with all the jumping in beds, headbangning in front of the mirror. Sometimes it looks pretty sad, but what the hell.

leper, you're setup sounds very tasty, if this was a perfect world where there was no money and everyone's farts propelled them thus rendering cars extinct, we'd all listen to opeth through a dolby setup, but alas, all I have is my shitty stereo

I tend to listen to them at night in my bed with my headphones on.. when im on the bus or walking .. what's best is when i'm walking through this woody area near my house and it's raining... with opeth in the background.. makes for fucking atmospheric listening haha!