Do you still listen to Watershed?

I think im just starting to get a bit sick of listening to it.

but I also thought i was sick of call of duty 4 but i still play that religiously

I admit, I haven't listened to Watershed much within the past couple of months...I like a couple of songs on it, but somehow it just doesn't seem to have that magic. I am still as crazy as ever about Blackwater Park though, and I still listen to Ghost Reveries, love Still Life, and I love Deliverance as well.

Somehow the Special Edition found it's way onto my hardrive, so I had to start listening to this album again...The last time I heard this album was for about a 3 week stretch, when it first came out..Wasn't very impressed with this release, at that time.

Fast forward to now. I like about half the songs on Watershed..Heir Apparent,Lotus Eater,Hessian Peel,and Hex Omega. Add in the special edition side to it and you have Derelict Herds, and the awesome cover track, Bridge of Sighs.

The vocals definitely shine on this album.. Cries out: "The restless will also...die."

Listened to half of WS 2 weeks ago.

Really, I used to listen to Opeth almost 24/7 some years ago, but somehow lost interest in the last 2-3 years. I can't even explain why. maybe Opeth really is a "phase" like some people said. The music (including the old albums) doesn't seem to grab me like it used to do. Weird.

I listened to it for the second time last week, still don't really like it. Definitely doesn't have the attention-grabbing quality of Ghost Reveries, Still Life, My Arms Your Hearse, BWP, Morningrise, or even Orchid. :p

Yeah this definitely isn't in my Opeth top 5...But there are parts in various songs that really do shine..but what can you expect it was the first album with Martin Axenrot and Frankenstein Åkesson. Hopefully they will be back to "form" on the next album.

I think im just starting to get a bit sick of listening to it.

but I also thought i was sick of call of duty 4 but i still play that religiously

clipboard01fzj.jpg

I'm sorry, what? ;)

I'ts the Opeth album I listen to the most.. by far.. will never get tired of the mood it sets me in.

Death Magnetic on the other hand.. I longed for it for so long, and I've only listened through it twice. I hate it so bad :/

I listened to watershed for a long time in a very hard time for me,
since I was in a hospital for 6 months fighting for life, and it helped
me to recover, I think. Besides, I play several songs from WS
with my guitar, porcelain heart, hessian peel and heir apparent frequently,
then, I prefer to listen to still life or ghost reveries in the car...
anyway, I hope not to ever get tired of listening any of the albums! :)

Listened to half of WS 2 weeks ago.

Really, I used to listen to Opeth almost 24/7 some years ago, but somehow lost interest in the last 2-3 years. I can't even explain why. maybe Opeth really is a "phase" like some people said. The music (including the old albums) doesn't seem to grab me like it used to do. Weird.

been through the same thing, listened to opeth 24/7 for about 2-3 years and then they slowly faded away. i still consider them my favourite band though and i get out an album probably once every 3 or 4 weeks and have a good listen. blows me away every time, i just cant listen to it non stop like the old days

I never listened to a band "non stop". to listen to the same album twice in a week is alot to me. I guess that's why my taste of music is so wide and why I like so many bands :D

same thing happened to me too, i had an opeth phase but now it's just not the same, i don't get the magic like i used to

I listened to watershed for a long time in a very hard time for me,
since I was in a hospital for 6 months fighting for life, and it helped
me to recover, I think. Besides, I play several songs from WS
with my guitar, porcelain heart, hessian peel and heir apparent frequently,
then, I prefer to listen to still life or ghost reveries in the car...
anyway, I hope not to ever get tired of listening any of the albums! :)
Ah good to know you recovered and that it helped you to do so. I think you are one of the people that Mike talked about in a recent interview :p

I never listened to a band "non stop". to listen to the same album twice in a week is alot to me. I guess that's why my taste of music is so wide and why I like so many bands :D
man, it takes just one listen to grow up on you?? I've got some new stuff from friends like Planet X and Meshuggah and i can't stop listening to the sme albums

I was listening to Watershed ever since it was leaked out, i never removed it from my fone until last weekend !

thanks hexwind.. :D
what interview do you mean?
I don't think mike knows me at all,
I tried to be his friend in Facebook,
he never accepts me, heheh

I probably listen to Watershed the most of any Opeth album.

The only two on my pc harddrive are Watershed and Ghost Reveries, and I always get bored with GR very fast. Just something about it.

I got on a huge Still Life kick recently. Benighted is just amazing.

I do. I drive a lot so I find it to be wonderful driving music. But here's the kicker: I think it's absolutely true what was said on the Watershed rehearsal tapes DVD - it's an album you should listen to from start to finish to get the full effect, from the first acoustic lick on Coil to the church organ ending in Hex Omega.