How do you listen to Opeth?

Well now that I'm at college I listen to all my music on headphones. And I uaually like to finish an album just before going to bed. When I'm art home though I use my stereo at a moderate volume.

I enjoy listening to the "Damnation" CD when I'm driving in the middle of nowhere like in the country. I'm going to Las Vegas next week and I'm gonna take an afternoon and go for a drive in the desert. A great time to have "Damnation" playing.

As for the other records, I'll listen to "Blackwater Park" or "Deliverance" after I've had a crappy day at work...and I have had lots of those lately! Also have been playing "Ghost Reveries" often. Nothing like cranking "The Baying of the Hounds" after a lousy work day.

----------------------------
??? (Can't think of a quote now) ???

Usually while practicing guitar, I'll just choose an album and listen to it from start to finnish. Greaaat stuff.

anyway i listen to opeth i get as much enjoyment... except! night, alone, headphones, laying in the backyard, listening to the really intense songs like when, the drapery falls and bleak, thinking of nothing but the beauty of the music. highly recommended.

opeth_353 said:
.. when there's a storm or something.. That rules too.. sitting in the rain... Rain fucking rules lol.
Fuck yeah dark night soft rain kicking back with MAYH blasting through my headphones as I stare out the window.

i'd say headphones don't let you feel the bass of the song if you don't have good headphones, and also you can't hear the details if your using headphones, but opeth rocks anytime... I often take a powernap for one hour at afternoons with Opeth playing at full volume... somehow i find opeth relaxing...

I think Opeth is prolly best on headphones so you can hear every little sound , but on occasion (like today) I like to blast them loud as fuck so all my neighbors can hear how fucking awesome they are - whether they want to or not :headbang:

Moonlapse said:
Normally when I'm first hearing or discovering an Opeth album, I'll give it my full attention. With Still Life this meant listening to it on a good set of headphones before bed. With Ghost Reveries it meant turning off the lights, cranking my studio monitors and blaring it through those, staring at nothing but darkness.

Now I mainly play their music whilst I'm playing Diablo 2 or something :)

DII was the shit - no it's all about WoW ;-).

On really good headphones. (My roomate can't stand death vox.)
But on the weekends when he is gone, its played as loud as my speakers can take it. This usually involves blasting it at 3:00 AM to drown out my suitmates when they come in drunk and playing dance music. :erk: ......:headbang:

Just sitting down listening to it, or its even better on a ride in the car.

But when You're high, Blackwater Park sounds so different. Its like hearing it from a new perspective. I love it. Too bad I don't smoke anymore ..