Do you still listen to Watershed?

I too am really liking the album. 2nd track smokes (Heir Apparent). Great textures and arrangements. I add this album to the list containing GR, BWP, and DELIVERANCE as my favorite Opeth.

What does bug me a bit is the production. The drums, as well as they are played, don't really have the punch and vibrancy that they did on GHOST REVERIES. They remind me of the sound that was present on DELIVERANCE, which is a great album (IMO) with a so-so production. The acoustic stuff seems pretty warm and well-recorded overall, but there are moments (like when the full band kicks in at the beginning of Lotus Eater) where the sonic picture seems pretty congested and muddy. This album just doesn't seem to have the sonic assault that tunes like Ghost of Perdition and Baying of the Hounds do. I guess I was expecting a kick-ass production after the phenomenal sounding GHOST REVERIES.

Am I alone here in this thinking?

One more thing -

Why is this disc *not* HDCD-encoded whereas GHOST REVERIES was?

Why do I seem to be the only person who thinks Porcelain Heart is a great song, it's one of the ones I listen to most :erk:

Haven't been listening to it as much lately as when it got released, but still every-now and then.
You can say what you want about Coil, but when Coil phases out and Heir Apparent starts, that's just epic in every way possible. :headbang:

i always listen songs like: heir apparent, the lotus eater, burden, hessian peel and the bonus tracks!

i listen very few times: coil, porcelain heart and mellotron heart lol, but i love this album