Do you still listen to Watershed?

lol there you go again. i'm just a guy who has been here for long enough to realize certain facts: mainly SL's superiority to modern opeth and the consensus associated with it. i also enjoy heir apparent and burden as much as some tracks on still life. but guess what? no one is arguing that.

besides; coil, porcelain heart and hex omega pretty much blow. asshole.

I don't like The Grand Conjuration myself and try not to fall asleep 3 minutes into it when I hear it live, but so what, bitch?

However contrary to you, I really enjoy the modern adventurous Opeth with Per on keyboards, you asshole.

And I really don't care about your polls or consensuses associated with it, you fuckface.

im not really sure whats the argument so all i have to say is this

opeth's 3 best albums came in a row, starting at my arms, your hearse
that's it.

if someone says im wrong, he's wrong

im not really sure whats the argument so all i have to say is this

that's it.

if someone says im wrong, he's wrong

you're wrong - 4 songs from the albums that follow:

Deliverance
Ghost Of Perdition
Burden
Heir Apparent

if someone says these songs aren't pure Opeth - he's wrong

^songs you listed own (maybe except for burden i dont like it as much as the others). but it doesnt change what i said in my other post!

I don't like The Grand Conjuration myself and try not to fall asleep 3 minutes into it when I hear it live, but so what, bitch?

However contrary to you, I really enjoy the modern adventurous Opeth with Per on keyboards, you asshole.

And I really don't care about your polls or consensuses associated with it, you fuckface.

#1 what in the name of fuck does this have to do with you liking the grand conjuration

#2 what in the name of fuck does per have to do with this? i like him too

#3 for someone who doesn't care you do a lot of crying

that's it.

Nibster18 said:
pretty much all of them agree that SL is clearly the best. I personally like Watershed, but SL is leagues ahead for me and the majority. There is no weak track like porcelain heart or coil on SL and even those songs are much better than the vast majority of music out there, they just dont compare to a single SL track.

lol here's to the consensus. posts from the last 2 pages :lol:

ftlog phil people arent just going to agree that the liking watershed immediately makes them a fanboy. fact that they post on this board daily makes them a fanboy. anyone who doesnt come on here reguarlly gets torn to shreds by you or other 'daily' posters because they ask the same questions in threads that you guys have read for years.
you dont like watershed, but you are still a fanboy.

liking watershed doesn't make anyone a fanboy. liking it more than SL does.

dude, i can't say that i post on this board to talk about opeth, nor that i listen to much opeth these days. i think that's the case for a lot of us, and i can certainly say im not an opeth fanboy in the slightest. sorry =/

Still Life is probably the closest we're ever going to get to a perfect Opeth album - there isn't a single weak track on it.

Some people just need to accept this.

Clearly, since Still Life, Opeth's musical output has been overshadowed by the more ambitious efforts of their peers, like The Spice Girls. I'm sure that Ometh and Filno would agree.

Clearly, since Still Life, Opeth's musical output has been overshadowed by the more ambitious efforts of their peers, like The Spice Girls. I'm sure that Ometh and Filno would agree.

Oh, without a doubt...

This thread is the perfect case study of the fact that you should never argue with an idiot, as they'll bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Really funny that you guys are arguing so much about taste and opinions. Saying that an album is "better" is just wrong at the beginning. Saying that a majority of people prefer Still Life, for example, could be right, and again... Except if "better" means "majority likes" :rolleyes:. For my own, better means "of superior quality or excellence". What are the criterias of quality for an album? Is there a FUC*ING consensus about it (irony)? No, absolutely not.

But again, philno, explain it to us, the dumbasses. :lol:

And how funny to see you suggesting an objective point by refering us to critic/music review websites.

Just so my position about all this is clear : I like every Opeth album pretty much equally and I don't believe the majority decides whether an album is good or not. I believe it's your case, though. I also love every song from Watershed, including Porcelain Heart, Coil, or Hex Omega, without being a "fanboy" (idiotic term). Just the idea of globalizing opinions seems ridiculous to me. How the hell can we refer to some polls, some stupid music review sites, or whatever stuff that pretends to represent the majority when they have an authority in the domain as "low" as everyone on this forum. And it's pretty hard to write a critic without being subjective all the way.

Anyway, getting back to old "conversations" so I better stop right now because I know you will turn it into a disaster with self contradictions and ridiculous attempts to pull me down.

~*~ Subjectivity ~*~