The Ramones are the worst band ever.

DiscipleOfPlato

The Observer
Jul 29, 2003
Miami, FL.
Yes, I realize this has nothing to do with metal, but bear with me. I must vent.

There have been several occasions where I've had the simple amusement of spotting a Ramones fan, and was even tempted to approach one but decided against it out of the fear of losing one too many braincells. There is absolutely nothing reputable about this band, and I would like a Ramones fan to try and prove me wrong. There is no other band shittier and more overly-publicized then them, I mean, just for the sake of argument, take a look at these lyrics:

"Jackie is a punk
Judy is a runt
They both went down to Berlin, joined the Ice Capades
And oh, I don't know why
Oh, I don't know why
Perhaps they'll die.

[Second verse, same as the first]

[Third verse, different from the first]

Jackie is a punk
Judy is a runt
They both went down to Frisco, joined the SLA
And oh, I don't know why
Oh, I don't know why
Perhaps they'll die."

For those of you who are still sane, allow me to apologize. Don't worry, the sharp pain in your head that suggests you just got a little dumber is merely temporary. As for the fans, you are all shitheads and deserve to die along with your shitty band. They've essentially done nothing for the music world save inspiring legions of terrible two-minute, two-chord bands that plague the radio these days. Why haven't they been diagnosed with cancer yet? Where are the fatal diseases when you need them? We need one to wipe out the remaining members, and quickly before I lose my mind.

I like the ramones. They sound nice. I've only heard about 4 songs, though, I so I can't really defend them, and I agree the lyrics are shit but, oh well *shrugs*.
EDIT: I must also say there's worse bands... there's ALWAYS worse bands...

So simple lyrics make a bad band? No.

Inspired bands that you hear on radio? Perhaps, there is a simple lesson to be learned, TURN THE FUCKING RADIO OFF AND STOP BITCHING.

Same goes for this thread.

I like the Ramones for most reasons people like music, it makes me happy and entertains me.

So simple lyrics make a bad band? No.

No, STUPID lyrics make a bad band, coupled with bad, simplistic riffs and a vocalist who sounds like shit. Did I forget to mention that there are other aspects that contribute to them being the worst band in existence? Oh no, that's right, IT'S FUCKING COMMON SENSE! Something which you obviously lack...

Inspired bands that you hear on radio? Perhaps, there is a simple lesson to be learned, TURN THE FUCKING RADIO OFF AND STOP BITCHING.

It appears reading comprehension is not your greatest strength. Time and time again, I've mentioned on this forum as well as on this particular post that the radio is shit and that for that reason, I don't listen to it. You managed to stumble through this fact completely oblivious, which forces me to conclude that you didn't read my post, but instead decided to show how much of an insolent fool you are by posting something that doesn't make any sense. Good job genius, good job.

I like the Ramones for most reasons people like music, it makes me happy and entertains me.

Which is why you are a shithead...Didn't I previously go over this?

I love it how you have gone through and attacked my post.

I feel terrible.

Seriously, your points are flawed, considering a lot of metal (which I gather you like, considering this is a metal forum), has "simplistic riffs and a vocalist who sounds like shit", and shit as fuck lyrics.

Also, if you post a topic lacking in civility, you would expect to get the same lack of civility back.

Please shut up, it isn't the lyrics of Judy Is A Punk that have caused my head to ache, it is your stupidity.

i love the ramones, i think they are one of the few bands in the world, for me at least, that can make such simple music with no solos that really turns me on, its some of the few catchy music that really turns me on. So yeah, its simple, but also they were one of those bands that could run off a few good riffs and vocals that fit with the music but were terribly simple.

And you insist on continuing...

Seriously, your points are flawed, considering a lot of metal (which I gather you like, considering this is a metal forum), has "simplistic riffs and a vocalist who sounds like shit", and shit as fuck lyrics.

Also, if you post a topic lacking in civility, you would expect to get the same lack of civility back.

Please shut up, it isn't the lyrics of Judy Is A Punk that have caused my head to ache, it is your stupidity.

First off, you shouldn't ASSume that I enjoy metal with simplistic riffs, shitty lyrics and a subpar vocalist. Second, I love the double standard you pulled, stating that if I post something with a lack of civility, that I should expect an equally uncivil reply...I DID expect that, actually. You see, I tend to enjoy proving slow-witted morons like yourself wrong. It's amusing, really. So tell me something Einstein, shouldn't the "uncivilized" one who responded expect the instigator to respond with yet another equally uncordial post? Tell me, did you expect this to be a boring, apologetic discourse in which I realize my supposed igorance and suddenly come to terms with what's right and glue my lips to your ass? It's called logic and cause-and-effect, asshole. I accept the effects of my choice in posting something as offensive as it is true, perhaps you should accept the results of posting on a message board if you're an idiot. Try it, responsibility isn't so bad, really. :)

i cant stand the ramones either and i dont know why they are so big... or wait. yes i do. its because people are stupid and they cant comprihend anything more than 3 chords. ok... im generalizing and thats sorta harsh. i just dont get it. how can 3 chords be good? and they didnt even play those 3 chords well! its simplistic, sloppy, horse shit. and that goes for punk in general. i just never got the genre.

oh well. i dont feel like im missing out so its all good
~gR~

This thread is rife with stupidity. It sucks.

The Ramones were not that great, but they were certainly by no means not even one of the top 1,000 worst bands of all time.

And the cancer comment was the absolute most tasteless comment I have seen on this forum yet, considering how Joey Ramone died of cancer. Fuck off and die, prick. Grow some fucking brain cells of your own before you try and tear down music you are ill-equipped to understand.

i don't like ramones either but this topic is really offensive and stupid.
Fuck now everybody that does bad music should die?
and that cancer thing is just bad taste...i'm sure this guy is really intelectual and all but why loose that intelect talking about "shitty" music when you can be making your own music and prove the world why those bands are shitty?

Nobody ever considered REAL Punk Lyrics to be "smart" and "teh ubar", Mr. Disciple of Plato. And there are way crappier bands.. like? Slipknot, KoRn, Mudvayne, Puddle of Mudd, HIM, Pop Bands and - of course - Insane Clown Posse.

And if you wanna know how good Ramones can sound in Metal-style: Children of Bodom - Somebody put Something in my Drink. Huzzah. \m/*_*\m/

Disciple of Plato, dude you went off your rocker, what happened man? I dont remember you being a childish punk.

However I dont think you understand the spirit of the Ramones. The Ramones exemplify revolt, a total break from musical even lyrical conventions. They are the American Sex Pistols, a band that knows they have no musical talent, but has something to say- they are the spirit of Punk.

Furthermore, Id rather listen to those lyrics, than those written by a lame fantasy power metal band.

DiscipleOfPlato said:
No, STUPID lyrics make a bad band, coupled with bad, simplistic riffs and a vocalist who sounds like shit. Did I forget to mention that there are other aspects that contribute to them being the worst band in existence? Oh no, that's right, IT'S FUCKING COMMON SENSE! Something which you obviously lack...

It appears reading comprehension is not your greatest strength. Time and time again, I've mentioned on this forum as well as on this particular post that the radio is shit and that for that reason, I don't listen to it. You managed to stumble through this fact completely oblivious, which forces me to conclude that you didn't read my post, but instead decided to show how much of an insolent fool you are by posting something that doesn't make any sense. Good job genius, good job.

Which is why you are a shithead...Didn't I previously go over this?
fuck man, are you ten years old or something? god DAMN...