The "Random Bullshit" Thread

the tuck thing, was it a hip tuck. you jump up from a standing position and tuck up so you're sort of wrapped horizontally around the pole as you spin?

Yep! Only without the spinning. Well, I think we're doing that over the next five weeks, but we were concentrating on just holding ourselves there today. I actually managed to do it second go [!] but kept spinning, so she had to show me how to properly launch myself up so I didn't spin.

I was rather proud of myself and already want my own pole! :lol:
Yeah, holding myself in that position was a killer on my wrists and my thighs.

Argh. I'm so pumped up for my next lesson!

How often do you have lessons? Once every week, or more?

ah i see, well done!

haha i'm hoping to find a place that's big enough to put a pole in, would be great to be able to practice at home
did you take my advice and have a bath? because it's going to really hurt if you don't :p

i just got once a week, but i do both the beginners and intermediate class (i use the beginners to practice everything) so it's 2 1/2 hours

Not yet, I went to watch the boyfriend play squash and so only just got home. Was looking forward to nice, long, hot shower though. Would bath be better?

Ohhh, 2 1/2 hours! That'd be awesome. My beginners class is only one hour, and I was having so much fun today that it seemed to just fly by! :(

i should start some new stuff aswell again...

it´s soo tempting to start playing nyckelharpa, but there are hardly any teachers -.-

a bath would definately be better, give your muscles a proper soak

yeah each lesson is 1 1/4 each. the intermediate is first so those of us who want to do both aren't too tired to do the harder moves. but by the end of it i'm always exhausted!

what's nyckelharpa?

This girl is pretty good. :)
Self-taught from other videos on YouTube, too!

- Edit -

Can't watch Katie's vid unless I have a Facebook account. =\

Winner of Miss Poledance Australia 2006

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6KnUW9N3Zo&NR=1[/ame]

Last edited by a moderator:
well I've got a couple of videos on my myspace:
http://www.myspace.com/vampyr_eternal
if you click on the 'videos' link just underneath my profile pic they're in there. but they're months old, nowhere near as good...

ooh ooh that first video you posted, the pic that it shows before you press play is butterfly, i can do that!!! so proud, managed to do it the first time i ever tried it :D

and Fenrisulfr, congrats on the licence!

EDIT: BLOODY HELL!!!! That second vid you posted is amazing!!! Absolutely incredible! She's far too skinny though, but damn is she talented!!!

well, I've never seen Meshuggah so I really want to go see them but I also want to give Metallica another chance, looking past St. Anger. GAAAAAAAAAH, choices.