The Warhammer thread:

This looks fun and I want to do this so I'll roll up a character. Apologies if I'm away from the forum for a day or two though because this is a busy month coming up for me.

WS - 9
BS - 15
S - 12
T - 17
Ag - 5
Int - 13
WP - 16
Fel - 6

Talents: 90, 70

Health: 1 (FUUU :mad:)

Class: 37

God: I will worship Tzeentch

Here are your new profiles in percentile form, so now when you roll a dice you just have to make sure it is equal to or lower than what you have in your certain area's.
Example: V5 attacks flaming cockhungry hippo; he rolls a 25% for WS - he hits! ---- or “he rolls a 40 for WS, a miss!!

V5
Class: Marauder → Chaos Warrior
WS: 39
BS: 34
S: 38
T: 37
Ag: 41
Int: 25
WP: 38
Fel: 31

A: 2
W: 14
IP: 3
God: Tzeentch
Talents: Ambidextrous, Super Numerate, Strike to Injure

Your talents mean:You can use both hands equally and you're good at math, hooray! Also good at hurting people when you hit them.

(Pick one of these (Flail or Two-Handed weapon) and add it to your talents, this will be a special type of weapon you can use aside from the standard axe/hammer/pick/sword/spear combo)

Val
WS: 45
BS: 35
S: 37
T: 39
Ag: 38
Int: 34
WP: 37
Fel: 33

W: 12
God: Khorne
Talents:Resistance to Magic, Strong-Minded

Your talents mean: You are a bit more resistant than the average guy to magic, and also better at resisting the horrors that would make other minds fracture. You are also good at hurting people when you hit them.

(Pick one of these (Flail or Two-Handed weapon) and add it to your talents, this will be a special type of weapon you can use aside from the standard axe/hammer/pick/sword/spear combo)

Caecius
Class: Pit Fighter → Chaos Warrior
WS: 50
BS: 28
S: 39
T: 40
Ag: 40
Int: 28
WP: 45

A: 1
Talents: Mimic, Suave, Very Strong, SWG: Flail

Your talents mean: You're good at changing your voice (for whatever reason), and are pretty drat charming (prob cause of your buffness) – also, you know how to handle a flail along with all the other base weapons.

Stront
Class: Slaver → Chaos Warrior
WS: 46
BS: 53
S: 47
T: 33
Ag: 49
Int: 36
WP: 39
Fel: 38

W: 15
God: Nurgle
Talents: Luck, Super Numerate, Menacing, Strike to Stun

Your talents mean:
Well, you're lucky, and good at math – prob a result of being “lucky”. You are kind of intimidating, and good at knocking people “the fuck out”.

Cookie
Class: Reaver → Chaos Warrior
WS - 39
BS - 35
S - 42
T - 47
Ag - 35
Int - 33
WP - 36
Fel - 26

W: 13
Talents: Sixth Sense, Very Resilient, Hardy, Strike Mighty Blow

Your talents mean: You have that gut feeling instinctual shit so you know what's up when shit goes down (ya' hurd, 4 real), you're also a bit tougher than the average bastard. You are typically a bit more robust than your average Norseman, and bruise them up easier to boot.

Vilden
Class: Hunter → Chaos Warrior
WS: 38
BS: 40
S: 34
T: 34
Ag: 42
Int: 38
WP: 33

God: Slaanesh
Talents: Mimic, Resistance to Poison, Hardy, SWG: Longbow, Marksman, Rapid Reload, Lightening Relfexes

Your talents mean:
You're pretty good at keeping spoiled food inside of you (and other nasty things), and surprisingly robust. You unlike your compatriots are good with a bow; although most gods don't approve of such things, Slaanesh is finding a perverse fetish at the thought of a fast paced distance killer.

Class Descriptions:
Marauder:
Most of the Norse are great warriors, blessed with strength of arms and fierce demeanor's, but it is the strength of every Norseman to join the ranks of the chaos warriors and bear the marks of their gods favor. Until they prove their value to the gods though, they are just marauders. They are the core of the chaos hordes, and flock to the banners of champions, throwing their weight behind any cause, whether the call of their gods or the call to battle; when not part of a great army, they typically pillage the lands to the south (the Empire). They hold most in contempt.

Pit Fighter:
It is said the sport of pit-fighting has its origins amongst the ogre's, and it's easy to believe a race as dimwitted as the ogre's would contribute 'fights to the death' as a cultural highlight to the old world. In most instances pit-fighters were criminals or prisoners of war, and would be thrown into a pit with some weapons and the winner would be the one to leave alive. These days however there are professionals amongst the condemned, but they all seek excitement and glory in the pit (although it is true that many fight merely for brutal death as the crowd screams for blood). In Norsca, things aren't that different, although the fervent bloodshed and honor gained in defeating a well trained enemy brings much renown to the winner, and hopefully great fortune (material or not).

Reaver:
The sea's of the old world are filled with terrors – some human, some not. Among the most feared mariners are the reavers, brutal warriors who plunder the coastlines in search of foodstuffs, loot and slaves. They are a merciless lot, hardened from their frequent battles with Imperial sailors and the feeble militias that stand against them. Some hope that the bounty they bring from the sea will give them access to more power, while others sell their souls in a desperate attempt to gain the power they crave from their uncaring gods.

Slaver:
Most slavery in the old world has been replaced in civilized societies with serfdom; in other parts of the world however, the trade flourishes. Although the Norse never typically take to trade in the flesh markets, there are men and women who have found their entrepreneurial niche. Slaves are typically taken from raids along the coast or from deep within settlements.

Hunter:
While most people have come far from the tribes that have inhabited the area for the past several millennia, some things haven't changed at all. As with all area's that are covered in forest or are hostile to agriculture, these are the lands where hunters and trappers thrive. It takes skill to hunt wild animals while avoiding the dark creatures of the woods. Hunters may appear uncouth to city folk, but you are a god damn Norse hunter, and you don't play any fucking games when you get right down to it; you hunt, you skin, and you fight.

Near the edge of the Chaos Wastes, you had seen the banners fly and the call was made. You all headed north from your prospective area's to join the warlord who beckoned, and begin the campaign to bring the will of the gods down against the sigmarites in the south. The man leading this army is named Asavar Kul, and he has been crowned the as the Everchosen. You know by the sheer fact that all the gods support this man and that they have specifically stayed the hands of his would be assassins that this being will lead the armies south. He bears the marks of all four of the gods, You've seen him maybe once or twice off in the distance, but never up close; after all, you're not even warriors yet. You've met all the requirements to become full fledged chaos warriors, but not one of you have gained a show of promise from the gods, any of them! Now is your chance however...

A very powerful man named Engra has appeared before all of you and hundreds of others like you – the best of the best from your tribes, yet those who were unfavorable enough to be seen by the gods. They see you now though, as you came when they called (fickle bastards!). He motions for a man...thing dressed in rags with several arms and distended legs. It hovers for a moment before creating a rift in the aethyr, and out comes a spawn of chaos:
809454-chaos_spawn_super.jpg

He raises a crooked hand and the beast dies nearly outright – it's heart ruptures with such force that its chest cavity spills the rest of its contents onto the ground where its body slams into the frigid dirt.

Engra: Time... to eat.

What do you all want to do?

I'll walk closer to the dead thingy and sniff it.

Val

Talents: Resistance to Magic, Strong-Minded. Weapon: I want to use this because it's badass. Hopefully that's okay.

As I'm resistant to poison and spoiled food I guess I'll go ahead and cut a bit of flesh from him and take a bite!

Vilden, using the dice site role 3d100's, post each one here.

Val, the gods do not approve; you get this spiffy great-axe:
Greataxe.png

When you smell the corpse Val, it smells like roasted meat and flies, with hints of fresh fruit and burning tires.

I fucked that up and threw an extra 0 in there, I meant 3d10's - fuck it I'll just take the first digits of those numbers.

@Vilden:
As you taste the flesh you feel the blood within your body pulse through your system, and the following happens over the next fifteen minutes: Your arms seem to gain a sentience, and in a fit of rage they begin to race from your body, trying to get away. Ultimately they fail, they do however leave you with very elastic like limbs that can reach upwards of up to ten feet away. Unfortunately, the armor you had covering your arms falls off as there is nothing in that shape that can be molded to that portion of your frame.

You feel a bit exhausted, but mainly because that hurt like hell. You do however learn to extend and retract your arms at will, so you might still be able to put the armor back on your forearms that fell off.
[in your profile, after "Talents" add "Mutations: Elastic Limbs".

Just remember, there is nothing but potential repercussions for all of your actions. Nothing is stopping you from gorging on that corpse even more, killing your team-mates (or plotting against them), or kicking Engra in the balls.

Just remember that.

"Engra, what manner of foolishness is this? Dost thou honestly expecteth us to eat the flesh of this vile being? I shall bring down the scourge of four million suns upon thy brow, fiend!"

*attack with axehammer, putting all of my back into it*

(My WS roll was a 32, though I'm not sure if you roll this or I do.)

V5
WS: 39
BS: 34
S: 38
T: 37
Ag: 41
Int: 25
WP: 38

Talents: Ambidextrous, Super Numerate, Strike to Injure, Two-Handed Weapon

*lets out a barbaric battle-cry and joins the fight with V5 by unleashing an all out attack with my mighty flail*

(My WS roll was 54 if we do this)

Caecius
Class: Pit Fighter → Chaos Warrior
WS: 50
BS: 28
S: 39
T: 40
Ag: 40
Int: 28
WP: 45

Talents: Mimic, Suave, Very Strong, SWG: Flail

What does the A, W, and IP stand for?

*joins along Caecius and V5*

(My WS roll was 16)

Stront

God: Nurgle
Talents: Luck, Super Numerate, Menacing, Strike to Stun

(Also, do I even have a weapon or anything to attack with?)

Wow, lol, I applaud your all the tenacity that exists here.

@Caecius: Your Wounds (health), Attacks and Insanity Points

@V5: Yeah, it's a roll that you do.

@Stront: Yeah, you all have hand weapons; which mean they are either swords of some sort, axes, hammers, military picks, spears, etc. Choose one you like and I'll take care of the math.

For now, when you succeed a WS test, roll 1d10, that will be the damage you inflict (again, I'll do the math, just give me the number). If you happen upon a 10, roll WS one more time - if you succeed again it counts as a CRITICAL and you can roll another d10!

So for those that attacked, roll your d10 damage and I'll modify the below.
------------------------------------------------------

@V5 As you lunge forward wielding what looks to be a weapon capable of delivering pain indiscriminately, you see Engra (known amongst the rest of the massive army as "Engra Deathsword", he stands still - staring you down. Your weapon strikes down furiously into his right arm. Without a flinch he takes the blow, and you hear an earthen thud as you realize that your waraxe hasn't even scratched his midnight black armor. You feel two bodies rush by your side as you see Stront and Caecius bury their weapons into both his body and left arm; a clever tactic by you three indeed, whether intentional or not.

Engra: Fools... you deny the gifts of our masters!? It was a death-wish to appear before this army, maybe you will earn from this.
Engra.jpg

This monolithic warrior target you first V5; everyone roll initiative though.
Engra rolls a 20 for his first attack, a 55 for his next, and a 20 for his last. He succeeds in hitting all three times.

@V5: You notice Engra doesn't even unsheathe his sword, he just lifts his massive metal gauntlet and let's loose a massive blow to your face, then to your let arm. You take a total of 8 damage (subtract from your wounds; should look like this: W: 7/14)

@ Stront: Since you landed the body blow which cleft right into the mass that is his chest, you feel your stomach tighten as he punches you square in the face with his last attack: Subtract 7 from your wounds (It should look like this: W: 8/15)

@Caecius: Engra is not pleased with you, you see flames start sparking underneath his helm...

1d10+0
9+0 = 9

I will probably edit this post later to do an action after damage is calculated.

"Engra, you of all people should know the unpredictability of chaos. Khorne is displeased with you!"

*swift attack with my spiffy axe*
WS: 17
damage: 7

Val

Talents: Resistance to Magic, Strong-Minded, Two-handed weapon

^Roll a d10 separately for each attack Val, the first one connects pretty easily.

------------------------------------------------------
@Val: Your axe plows into his chest piece just as Stront had before, and although you had to push your peers out of the way to get to your target, you don't regret it in the slightest; Engra's armor opens up, but he doesn't bleed. It seems your attack definitely tore through the armor though.

-------------------------------
So far Initiative needs to be rolled; I'll count all those attacks as surprise attacks. Caecius leads in damage dealt so far on your team with that critical hit, but Engra still stands.

Oh, so a swift attack is 2 rolls? I rolled the d10 a second time and got a 9.

@ Pessimism: So can I use two shortswords? One in each hand etc. And yeah, can we attack again? (if so I'll edit this)

d10 roll: 3

Stront