The Warhammer thread:

Pessimism

Endemic Vagabond
Feb 16, 2004
SoCal
Why isn't this in Chat/Games? Because that sub-forum is gay and no one goes there, plus the DnD thread was here and that is where some showed interest, so here it stays.

Now,

Anyone who wants to play in this shall need to make a character; I will help with this.

The campaign will take place in the Chaos Wastes, you will be a part of a larger warband, and your characters will be diverse! Some will be favored, and some will fall; I am a just DM, but in this world, a bad roll may spell your end if it is done at the wrong time.

Here is a description of the world which you will traverse:

The Chaos Wastes in part is a frozen land covered with ice in the far north which gradually gives way to tundra, large plains, barren rocks, vast sands and lonely forests; it could be said that the terrain is aberrational in nature, as terrain changes and appears sometimes out of nowhere, and certain environments co-exist with others that almost seem antithetical to reality.

Most of the land seems to resemble those found at the aftermath of large military campaigns found in the civilized nations of men, however, the horrific remains of the fallen here remain permanently etched into existence – brutish orcs and beastmen corpses litter large area's, and the bones of mutants, twisted beyond anything nature is capable of, are the worst to witness. Broken and shattered weapons and armor lay about in thick trenches of mud and dirty snow, while tattered banners flay themselves in heavy breezes.

Numerous savage and barbaric human and beastman tribes live here, always fighting against each other (and sometimes aligning), but all of them worship the Chaos gods. On occasion the tribes are united by a powerful warlord who then invades the civilized nations located further south.

You all are humans born in the south (in Norsca), and have traveled up into the wastes in order to become greater in the eyes of your god/s. If you survive and please them you will reap rewards greater than anything you can imagine. If you fail, well, you will more than likely be tortured for eternity or until your death.

You will use this site:
Pen and Paper Dicebag

for your rolls; be honest, sometimes low numbers are good, sometimes they are bad. I want you all to roll 2d10 EIGHT times, these will be your primary scores (explained below). After that roll the following and post them: 1d100 TWICE (this will be two random talents), Roll 1d10 ONCE (this will be your starting health), and finally roll 1d100 ONCE (starting class – picked randomly).

I will fill you in on all information as we go along, and if you have questions I will answer them.

For your careers: You will not be starting off as noobs, This first career you will have mastered; I will work out your stats so you don't have to and I will figure in all the math. The only time you will do anything is for your dice rolls on anything you want to roll on. After you get your first career I will tell you what the next class you may go into is, as not all classes are available depending on your background.

How the System Works:

First though I should describe to you the system you will be playing. This is a d100 system. There are only two dice used, a d10 and a d100 (the numbers represent the side of the dice). d10 are usually used in damage rolls, the d100 is used in everything else. For example, there are two people, one has a WS (weapon skill) of 50, the other 60. That means that person A will hit 50% of the time (out of 100%) and person B will hit 60% of the time. The d100 then, if you haven't put it together, is a percentage dice! If you have any test to perform you go by this system; if the dice roll is greater than your number, then you failed. If it is less, then you succeeded – yay!

Now, your stats will be based on the following area's
Primary Profile:
WS – Melee weapons skill (i.e. how good you are)
BS – Ballistic weapons skill (i.e. how good you are)
S – Strength (represents your muscle and brawn)
T – Toughness (represents your ability to withstand injury, disease and poison)
Ag – Agility (represents manual dexterity, reaction speed and physical quickness)
Int – Intelligence (your mental capabilities and ability to reason)
WP – Will Power (represents your characters mental toughness and resolve)
Fel – Fellowship (represents your characters personal charisma and social skills)

There are no bunk scores here like in DnD that you can flat out ignore based on your class, as everything actually has an important function no matter your class. All these scores also have skills that are associated with them, so it's best to try to be well rounded.

Secondary Profile
A – Attacks (the number of attacks you can make; example: 1, 2, 3, etc). Attacks are usually half-actions.
W – Wounds (your HP in a sense, how many hits you can take)
-------when you get down to 3 wounds you are considered heavily injured. Unlike DnD however, you can survive past 0 W, because 0 =/= death. In Warhammer, there is a critical scale system (I will do the math here) – but the less wounds someone has, the more physical damage is inflicted, to the point where depending on where you hit them, you may outcry kill a fellow or maim him horribly. If treatment can be offered, then they may survive – if they can ever fight well again is another thing.
M – Movement, which I will have to adjust for online play.
IP – Insanity Points – you may well end up insane, it's a fact of nature when yo behold things that you should never have laid eyes on. When you gain six of them you accrue one insanity and the counter resets.
God – What god you believe in, every one of the four gods hate each other, some more than others. You are co-existing right now because of your warlord – that doesn't mean I will punish anyone if you try to kill one another, in this world you can do as you see fit; just make sure you have the brass to be able to do it! Also, doing things in favor of your gods may give you huge benefits...

When you receive your finished profiles, please post them at the end of your post so I can have a quick reference guide. Show your wounds like this: X/maximum number.

What do you need to do?
Keep your profile at the end of your posts. Be yourself (I don't give a shit about the roleplaying right now). So literally, your character is your name: mine would be Pessimism, V5's would be V5, Cookie would be Cookie et al.

The Gods
You exist here with a god already chosen; here are your choices:
The the four main Gods of Chaos are the following:
  • Khorne - the Blood God
  • Tzeentch - the Changer of Ways
  • Nurgle - the Father of Pestilence, Decay, and Death
  • Slaanesh - the Dark Prince
    Ignore the gay pictures, those are almost twenty years old and stupid looking.
In depth descriptions linked to the names.

I will also allow you the option to worship Chaos Undivided:
In addition to the individual gods, some followers of the Dark Gods worship Chaos in other ways. Some followers worship the gods as a pantheon rather than following one particular god. Other followers worship Chaos as a single great entity, with the various Chaos Gods simply manifestations of that entity's aspects. Still others may simply follow one god briefly and then switch allegiance to another, owing more to convenience than actual faith. Regardless of the nature of their worship, all of these are grouped together as Chaos Undivided; followers of Chaos Undivided may bear a mark, similar to the followers of the four great gods.
Generals who bear the mark of Chaos Undivided, have more freedom from the effects of the difficult relations between the Chaos Gods. As an example, while warriors who worship Slaanesh would not serve a general who worships Khorne, an Undivided general can convince these gods' warriors to fight for him, without fear of reprisal from Khorne or Slaanesh.

Ultimately what you will have posted at the end of your shit will look like this:

What you want to do given the situation or in general
If you are directing speech, write it this way:
example: Cookie to NPC1: Slam Metal ist awesome
If you are talking to a forum member or going to do an action, at least just throw an @ sign in it:
Pessimism Posts:
I'm going to move up to Uknown

@ Unknown: You WHORE [wishes to make attack]
@V-5 [shoves out of way in order to attack Unknown]

WS: Your real scores
BS: etc ^^
S:
T:
Ag:
Int:
WP:
Fel:

A:
W: X/X
IP:
God:

So if you want to join then by all means join; the goal of this game is for you ultimately to destroy humanity by either helping lead or leading the army yourselves down to crush the cities in the south.

Actions:

General Shit you can do:

Aim: Half Action: Increases chance to hit for BS or WS by 10%

Disengage:
Full Action: Breaks away from a conflict from one or multiple opponents; If difficult terrain movement is cut in half (round up)- when you leave a fight without disengaging every opponent gets to make a free attack against you.

Move: Half Action: Difficult Terrain cuts movement in half (round up)

Stand/Mount: Half Action: Character can get up off the floor or mount an animal

Run: Full Action: Cannot attack or defend; enemt BS attacks suffer a -20% & enemy WS receives a +20%

Manoeuvre:
Half Action: Force opponent to move in any direction for a short distance (like three feet). Character may opt to move in suite; must make opposed weapon checks.

Attack Actions:

Standard Attack: Half Action: Character can make one attack

Swift Attack
Full Action: Character can make a number of attacks equal to their Attack Characteristic; must have more than one attack to take advantage of this; cannot used with ranged weaponry unless reloading is a free action; can use with firearms if wielding multiple firearms or it you don't need to reload. Each attack suffers a -10% to hit for each advance.

All Out Attack: Full Action: gains 20% to WS, you cannot parry or dodge till next turn

Defensive Stance: Half Action: Makes no actions during round; opponents melee attacks suffer a -20% penalty (best to do a half action before choosing this, like moving).

Charge Attack: Full Action: Gain 10% to WS; must basically be in a straight line.

Parrying Stance:
Half Action: Able to parry one melee attack; readying oneself for an incoming blow-must be aware of the attack; ends next turn whether a parry occurred or not. If you have a weapon or shield in your left hand, you may make one free parry once per round as a free action.

Delay:
Character reserves a half action for any time before his next turn, but current turn ends immediately (i.e. you only get a half action for the entire round). If two or more characters have made delayed actions at the same time, make an opposed agility test

Feint: Half Action: Next standard attack cannot be dodged or parried; requires opposed WS test; Bonus is lost if next attack is not standard attack.

Guarded Attack
Full Action: Make a melee attack with a -10% to WS; until next turn, character gains a +10% bonus on any attempted parries or dodges.

Shit you can do, but let's face it you're going to try to kill them first:
Disarm:
*Hit with melee attack
---Make an opposed agility test.
---If you win the weapon is dropped, and can be picked up with the ready action.

Strike to Stun: (Must have the talent to do this)
*Hit with melee attack
--Make a Strength test vs opponent Toughness test (+10% for each AP on opponents head)
--If opponent fails then he is stunned for 1d10 rounds; stunned characters cannot take any actions or dodge.

If you want to keep it simple, then go with swift attacks, all out attacks and move. Just remember, you get two half actions a round (doesn't matter the order) - only one of those half actions may be an attack of some sort.

I have stepbrothers who play this shit a lot and have probably spent thousands of bucks on figurines, books, sets, etc. I always thought this kind of stuff was a step down from pen and paper RPGs in interestingness since you're hardly even using your imagination to play it, and there's so much obsession over the rules involved. I consider tabletop strategy games thoroughly obsolete thanks to computer games.

Mine...maybe this will catch on :p

WS: 9
BS: 14
S: 13
T: 12
Ag: 11
Int: 5
WP: 8
Fel: 11

I worship TZEENTCH.

1d100 talent rolls:
9, 84

Health roll:

Class roll:

Val: Nah, change the number before the d10 there to 2 and click the dice; it will roll "2d10" and add them instantly for you. You should have 8 scores (each out of 20).

WS: 15
BS: 15
S: 12
T: 14
Ag: 8
Int: 14
WP: 7
Fel: 13

talent:
57, 72
health:
class:

And that Khorne guy looks pretty kewl.

WS: 15
BS: 8
S: 14
T: 10
Ag: 10
Int: 8
WP: 15
Fel: 6

Talent Rolls:
80, 42

Health:

Class:

Khorne

You will not have one health lol, when I get back from school and work I will roll out all your awesomeness's'''s.

@All of you: TAKE YOUR LAST BREATH!!! [does a quadruple back-flip to a 360 into the arena, whips out the hammer of thor, smites all of you to death with great vengeance and fury!

+999999999999 points

@All of you: [shits upon the mound of corpses, wipes ass with all of your entrails, walks away with a look of great satisfaction]

+9999999999999999999999999999999999999 points

FLAWLESS VICTORY!

WS: 6
BS: 13
S: 7
T: 13
Ag: 19
Int: 16
WP: 9
Fel: 18

Talent rolls:
84, 33