The "Random Bullshit" Thread

If a woman outgrows a guy education or career wise is there more stress on the relationship than if a guy outgrows a woman?

s

Probably. In my experience relationships fall apart in that situation because the man feels threatened, whereas women don't feel threatened as easily. None of my ex-girlfriends were bothered by me going to uni and getting a degree, whereas all my ex-boyfriends eventually freaked about it.

Probably. In my experience relationships fall apart in that situation because the man feels threatened, whereas women don't feel threatened as easily.

I feel that the woman would get bored with the guy and dump him more so than him feeling threatened and leaving but I do hear that guys do like to be the breadwinner and if the woman is earning more they feel emasculated.

I don't get it if my woman was making big money, the more money the better right?

But then there are the muso's living off women.

What do you call a muso without a girlfriend?

Homeless.

None of my ex-girlfriends were bothered by me going to uni and getting a degree, whereas all my ex-boyfriends eventually freaked about it.

None of your ex-girlfriends were in a sexual relationship with you but I notice that they are now your 'ex' girlfriends. Is that saying something?

s

None of your ex-girlfriends were in a sexual relationship with you

That's one hell of a jump...how exactly do you reach that assumption?

but I notice that they are now your 'ex' girlfriends. Is that saying something?

:err: They're my 'ex' girlfriends for exactly the same reason my 'ex' boyfriends are my 'ex' boyfriends...the relationship didn't work out.

I'm sorry, did you assume I'm straight? :Smug:

I'm sorry, did you assume I'm straight? :Smug:

No need to be sorry my dear.

It is interesting now you mention it.

I guess girls don't have a problem if their boyfriends get a degree either - they have something to brag about to their friends.

I know this for sure as a girlfriend of mine was rather proud she was going out with a guy who was at uni. Her first one.

s

0,,6313710,00.jpg

THIS amazing image of a mammoth spider devouring a bird was taken in the backyard of a property near Cairns.

The image, which is being circulated via email worldwide, is real, according to wildlife experts, The Cairns Post reported.

The photo, believed to have been taken earlier this week, shows the spider clenching its legs around a lifeless bird trapped in a web at a property near Atherton, west of Cairns.

Joel Shakespeare, the head spider keeper at NSW's Australian Reptile Park, has told ninemsn the spider was a golden orb weaver.

"Normally they prey on large insects, it's unusual to see one eating a bird," he said.

Mr Shakespeare said he had seen Golden Orb Weaver spiders as big as a human hand but the northern species in tropical areas were known to grow larger.

Mr Shakespeare said the bird, a Chestnut-breasted Mannikin which appears frozen in an angel-like pose in the pictures, is likely to have flown into the web and got caught.

"It wouldn`t eat the whole bird," he told ninemsn.

"It uses its venom to break down the bird for eating and what it leaves is a food parcel," he said.

Queensland Museum's Greg Czechura is reported ninemsn as saying cases of the Golden Orb Weaver eating small birds were "well known but rare".

"It builds a very strong web," he told ninemsn.

But he said the spider would not have attacked until the bird weakened due to its struggle to free its wings.

"The more they struggle, the more tangled up and exhausted they get and they go into stress."

"If a spider gets a bird, it`s a very lucky spider," Mr Czechura said.

I found this on another forum and got a laugh, thought I'd share

s

OK, here's one you guys may have seen around the place. This thread got 1.2 million hits in 3 days - seriously!

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=111777031

Now, I want to say first up that I actually do feel genuinely sorry for the girl who is the target of all of this stuff... no matter what you think of her, it's pretty slack having THAT many people having a go. But that said, some of the responses in this thread are absolute 100% pure win.

MIKA MIKA MIKA MIKA MIKA MIKA

last night, media player on random, Tatu come on, cue me having a sudden urge to watch all their videos (purely for the music of course ;) ) followed by giving the vid links to sam to watch and him suggesting i should book them myself. Dragonforce and Tatu anyone? hahaha

but yes, after giving him the links to the vids he branded me "official hot woman finder!" damn it those girls grew up!

and the point of all this... there isn't one, hence being in the random thread... but bizarely i do actually really like the music too (so i'm not just perving on russian lesbians :p )