The "Random Bullshit" Thread

KA'IE KA'IE KA'IE KA'IE KA'IE KA'IE

:lol::lol::lol:
Clearly m'dear you do not discriminate hence why it's not just russian lesbians you seek:p
Dragonforce AND t.A.T.u?
I can only think of trampolines:oops:
But not only did those girls grow up, they became un-lesbian and had children:lol:
I'm also quite happy dancing around to russian pop and any techno remixes I come across...wait let me rephrase that I find

KA'IE KA'IE KA'IE KA'IE KA'IE KA'IE

:lol::lol::lol:
Clearly m'dear you do not discriminate hence why it's not just russian lesbians you seek:p
Dragonforce AND t.A.T.u?
I can only think of trampolines:oops:
But not only did those girls grow up, they became un-lesbian and had children:lol:
I'm also quite happy dancing around to russian pop and any techno remixes I come across...wait let me rephrase that I find

haha i like all hot lesbians, regardless of their race :D

trampolines? now that i'd pay to see! (well in a guest listy type of way, but still)

hahahahaha it's not possible to become un-lesbian if you're not lesbian in the first place, but i like to keep deluding myself that i have a chance... hahaha

edit: i may have to learn some more russian, somehow i don't think 'Ukraine slava' would be a good chat up line...

fuck german ikea. they do not have it in the three ikea´s where I have been. wargh.

Just found something HILAROUS and way, way too much like something I'd come out with :erk:

Someone sent me the link to the inafmous 'Clock Spider' (again, *sigh*) which can be found here.

Had a browse through the comments out of boredom and, among the usual "ZOMG!?!?!?! eet's gonn eet meh!" BS, found this little gem:

Wait a minute . . .

He used a drywall anchor to hang a stupid quartz wall clock?

wtf?

I think a thumbtack could've done the job . . .

I think I could marry whoever posted that :lol:

We get quite a few of those around these parts and yes I've had one freak me out a few times while poking my hand in the letter box.

They are rather harmless to humans.

s

Dude, you're talking to the biggest spider geek to have ever walked the earth, I know exactly what a clock spider is :rolleyes:

I actually find the whole Sparassidae (Huntsman) family fascinating, because there's so much anecdotal evidence that claims they're somehow more 'triggering' of arachnophobia than any other family within Araneae*, including Theraphosidae (the goliath bird-eaters). One of my ambitions in life is to conduct a study into Sparassids and Salticids (jumping spiders, which are said to have the opposite effect because of their big 'goggle eyes') and work out how differently they're perceived and why.

*It's always been claimed that their flat bodies and crab-like movements are responsible, but I'd love to find out for sure.
[/geekiness]

Dude, you're talking to the biggest spider geek to have ever walked the earth,

I know, did you like my post on the bird eating spider - see above?

I know exactly what a clock spider is :rolleyes:

Just for others out there nobody actually calls them that, it's just like ceiling cat.

Here's a few of our local heroes.

http://www.spiders.com.au/

If you're lucky they may just mail you out a chart.

One that I was always petrified of as a kid was the redback, even though the funnel web is more dangerous the redbacks just spooked me more.

How about this cutie?

w1kspidersquirrel.jpg

s

The redback thing is fairly understandable actually, given that you're generally far more likely to encounter a redback (especially in urban areas) than a funnelweb. Also, the difference in venom potency between those two isn't as great as a lot of people think it is - sure the funnelweb (specifically the sydney funnelweb) is classed as the most dangerous, but the redback is from the same genus as the black widow. I don't know if their respective venoms have ever been specifically compared, but I'd be very surprised if the redback was significantly less venomous than the funnelweb, given its genus.

The redback thing is fairly understandable

The thing that petrified me as a kid was the redback's long sharp legs, it just made it look more painful and dangerous, the big arse with red lightning bolt also looks quite evil.

I do remember seeing them both in displays in shopping centres, they were fascinating to watch.

Yes both spiders will kill humans, the anti-venom for redbacks has been around for quite a while though hence why they weren't seen as dangerous, if you got bit you went to a doctor and got fixed.

I do remember reading in the papers every year or so about the deaths from funnel webs. It was only within the last two decades that they found the anti venene. Apparently cats and I think rabbits are immune.

I can't recall reading about anyone dying from a redback bite though I know that you can.

The male funnel web is 6 times more poisonous than the female and it is much smaller.

I have heard one story of a guy that was bitten by funnel web, he drove himself to hospital and was fine.

It all depends on where you were bitten, how much venom you got, body size, age, etc.

There is also a big myth about the white tail that people still believe. Old ladies were getting degenerative skin diseases and because they work in the garden it was assumed white tail spiders were the cause. So people are petrified of them thinking their skin will get eaten away from the venom.

This myth may have derived from one case where a woman was coincidentally bitten by a white tail and her skin disease appeared soon after.

s