The real genuine official Woods III discussion thread

Why won't you tell us how you got them?! Argh! Maybe David's surprised us and mailed them out without us knowing... either way, I am checking my mailbox tomorrow morning like a mad fool.

BAHHH! So excited! My birthday's on the 27th (yes, of December) so you gotta try and get mine out so it lands right on Thursday, and I'll have the best birthday ever :p

I have a sneaking suspicion that MANY people will be quite smitten with the one-two punch of
Deepest Roots: The Belief that All is Lost
and
Darkest Blues: The Relief that Nothing Can be Done.

Not comparing them sonically, but they really deliver goosebumps in the vein of back to back playings of
The Sun Was I My Eyes: Part Oe
The Sun was In My Eyes: Part Doom

and

The Sea of Immeasurable Loss
A Meeting Place and Time

Not that I already haven't said it, but DAMN, this monster is a start-to-finish album. It's hard to stop part way through, and equally hard to pick up in the middle.

OH THE PAIN! Now that some people have it an say its amazing is making it even harder to wait.

i need it in 5 days lol, i have to drive from WI to chicago then fly to new hampshire!

I'm in almost the same situation. In 3 days I drive from WI to Chicago, then fly the other direction to California. I guess the album will be waiting for me when I come back?

Anyway, even the 50 degree California weather will seem balmy compared to the 15-20 range it is here.

I'm in almost the same situation. In 3 days I drive from WI to Chicago, then fly the other direction to California. I guess the album will be waiting for me when I come back?

Anyway, even the 50 degree California weather will seem balmy compared to the 15-20 range it is here.

I am almost in the same situation as you two. I have to drive from Chicago to Minnesota and then back.

^ HELLS YES! This is fantastic. I'm up to Thrill of the Struggle and Distractions of Living Alone and Thrill are still my favourites, but I really liked hearing Years of Silence in good quality (only listened to it a couple times before) and its freaking sweet. Still have quite a few new songs to come, so more reactions when I'm done.