The REAPER appreciation thread!

Now that I think of it, any of you guys think the reacomp sucks ? I dont know if it's because of its GUI that makes my workflow use it a dumb way, but I hate anything I get from it. Not that I need it when I have ssl/1176/la2a, but still.

By the way, I don't know why they stick to a generic UI for their main plugins, I would gladly pay to have a GUI ala stillwell for them. It would also help make it less ugly overall. Btw, there is Event Horizon in the JS plugins. It's only missing a few things compared to the one you can buy on stillwell's store.

Any of you use the matrix intensively ? I think it's powerful but in a mix situation I never use it ?

Oh and, one of the most awesome things in reaper is that a track is a track, period. Then you deal with the information that goes through it wether it is midi or audio or even both at the same time, but that flexibility makes it so simple.

That RADO theme seems beautiful. Exactly what I'm after, I'll try it when I have time (on phone ATM)

I used reacomp the other day for bass, it's pretty powerful but yah not very intuitive. And the 'track is a track' no matter if it's audio or midi is one thing that always pissed me off about cubase and facilitated the switch to reaper.

Reacomp isn't that bad at all. Reaxcomp is also great.

And the js versions of stillwell vsts aren't as powerful and not 100% copies of their vst counter parts from my understanding. I need to do some a/b tests

Hopefully they add mouse dragging (like in midi drum mode for example that mimics cubase dragging)

It won't be an issue in a tracking situation but for Pre pro programmed drums...

Been using Reaper for a few years now, since version 1.8. Used it for recording, syncing audio to video, my live guitar rig, and a few times I've ran FULL FOH and monitors off it for gigs. Never had an issue with it. It's crashed on me a few times but then, what programme if you use it ALL the time isn't gonna have a hiccup on on old machine with net access!

My only gripe is that when someone asks you what you use to record, you've to explain it to them what reaper is about. I recently got the chance to get a 2nd set-up that had protools 8. I opted not to because quality wise the hardware I was gonna get was inferior to what I am now getting but I was severely tempted to go with it just so I could say to people I use Reaper AND protools.

Jumped between Sonar and Poo Tools for years. Now permanently with Reaper and more than happy, for post production it rapes-ass.

Now that I think of it, any of you guys think the reacomp sucks ? I dont know if it's because of its GUI that makes my workflow use it a dumb way, but I hate anything I get from it. Not that I need it when I have ssl/1176/la2a, but still.

By the way, I don't know why they stick to a generic UI for their main plugins, I would gladly pay to have a GUI ala stillwell for them. It would also help make it less ugly overall. Btw, there is Event Horizon in the JS plugins. It's only missing a few things compared to the one you can buy on stillwell's store.

Any of you use the matrix intensively ? I think it's powerful but in a mix situation I never use it ?

Oh and, one of the most awesome things in reaper is that a track is a track, period. Then you deal with the information that goes through it wether it is midi or audio or even both at the same time, but that flexibility makes it so simple.

That RADO theme seems beautiful. Exactly what I'm after, I'll try it when I have time (on phone ATM)
The JS section of the plugins is still, even after more than year, still scary to me. So much stuff in there. I found Major Tom in there, it may not be the exact Major Tom I almost bought, but I still want to try it out.

If you couldn't tell from my posts on The Reaper Blog, I am a big fan. It has come so far in such a short time. It is starting to get much more notice from pros and press.
Could not wrap my head around it back in 2007 or 2008, or 2009 but when I saw what Adam Wathan was doing with REAPER, essentially replacing Pro Tools I dove in and really started to love REAPER.

I really don't miss much about Pro Tools, other than the money invested in it or the time spent troubleshooting, wish I could get that back.

Would really like some included instruments like those in Pro Tools or creative MIDI tools like Cubase 5 introduced (loopmash and beat designer) but otherwise I could not be happier with this DAW.

REAPER is the only thing I know :) Aside from Adobe Audition, but I'm more familiar with Reaper.

Still trying to figure out how to make ReaVerb make a good delay, and how to properly use a compressor o_O Anyone up for doing an in-depth ReaComp tutorial for Dummies?

Used it for recording, syncing audio to video, my live guitar rig, and a few times I've ran FULL FOH and monitors off it for gigs.

Wow! Please tell me more about that live mixing with reaper! How did you build up your rig? How to handle with latency? What plugins used, reaper´s own or other? I believe that in future livemixtechs only bring their laptop and maybe couple of pre amps to the consert place, which have´s already full mixing controller with midi. I have seen it already one time. It was mac pro with some program called multimix, or multitrack or something. Anyway he used waves plugins and mixed tracks went back to house´s LS9. It sounded awesome.

good idea, I'll try to make some videos explaining all the basic plugins.

Thanks, man! :D If you look up any beginner tuts for Reaper on youtube, all you get is stuff that assumes everyone already knows how to use stuff like knees, and stereo width controls, etc.

I will gladly subscribe to your vids when you make them :)

Reacomp isn't that bad at all. Reaxcomp is also great.

And the js versions of stillwell vsts aren't as powerful and not 100% copies of their vst counter parts from my understanding. I need to do some a/b tests

Hopefully they add mouse dragging (like in midi drum mode for example that mimics cubase dragging)

It won't be an issue in a tracking situation but for Pre pro programmed drums...

holy fuck, i found out under mouse modifiers you can paint lines! Problem solved.

We had a band practice yesterday with 16 inputs (pro fire into digimax fs) and it worked great. 3 amp sims (legion and TSE BOD) + speaker sims (kefir), eq/comp on every channel, worked great.

Had no idea you could dock toolbars like this.

np29m9.jpg

So, has anybody checked out the Drum Reaplacer JS? I'm about to be working on my friend's band in the next month or so, and we'll need to use it due to severe lack of good (or even decent) recording equipment? We're simply recording it for a demo disk to hand out at shows, they'll get more professional tracking done somewhere else later.

So, has anybody checked out the Drum Reaplacer JS? I'm about to be working on my friend's band in the next month or so, and we'll need to use it due to severe lack of good (or even decent) recording equipment? We're simply recording it for a demo disk to hand out at shows, they'll get more professional tracking done somewhere else later.

It's all right, no multi support :/