the *scare the shit outta me* band recommendations thread.

Probably Axis of Perdition - Deleted Scenes From The Transition Hospital.

My verdict on Axis of Perdition is still out. In theory it is the kind of band I would be really into, but so far only bits and pieces of the albums I've heard by them really speak to me. As a whole their albums just haven't really done much for me yet. But to be fair I haven't really given it a great deal of time to sink in and it's not really the kind of music that you hear the first time and go "awesome!" Guess I'll give them another try sometime.

My verdict on Axis of Perdition is still out. In theory it is the kind of band I would be really into, but so far only bits and pieces of the albums I've heard by them really speak to me. As a whole their albums just haven't really done much for me yet. But to be fair I haven't really given it a great deal of time to sink in and it's not really the kind of music that you hear the first time and go "awesome!" Guess I'll give them another try sometime.

I really like this album. Usually when I'm a bit tired and want to have a nap with hellish ambiance, I put DSFTTH on and lie on my bed, then the nightmare begins!

Definitely check out Elend. Scariest music I've ever heard. My friend heard it once and described it "music to scare the shit outta Christians" and it's true.

They are a neo-classical group who fuse massive walls of hellish sounding strings with intense industrial and electronic ambience and noise. The vocals range from eerie choir-like female sopranos, to tortured male screams and, on their later albums, clean but haunting male vocals. It truly sounds like the apocalyse.

I would suggest Les Tenebres du Dehors or The Umbersun first. Their albums are quite hard to track down though.

Hahahaha, that's the one. I didn't like the album much, that's why I deleted it, but it's definitely the scariest shit I've heard in metal hahaha.

Umm azreal at night is scary or blut aus nord

Ah, there was a band I checked out a while ago, and it was the only band to have ever actually scared me. The music was so damn weird and disturbing - totally different to most of the crazy sounding metal out there. I can't remember their name, and I just recently deleted their album.

I think it was called something along the lines of "memories of the trip to the hospital or something".

Scary shit lol.

dude what is your sig lol.

Kind of an odd recommendation, but I find Atrocity - Longing For Death to be one of the scariest, most morbid albums I have ever heard. The occasional choir, and the clean vocal chorus to As the Sky Turned Red are as chilling as hell. Total cemetary music.