How has UM changed you?

I have learned of a few good bands, but mostly, musically, I am similar to before I came here. I think I have changed the most in that I have gained knowledge about Evolution, taken a slightly different view of my own beliefs (evangelical Christianity), and met a lot of cool people.

Well that makes sense because, you listened to metal a lot more than the forum was even around. So your taste probably won't change much.

UM hasn't really changed me much aside from helping me discover new bands. However, there was a time were I posted a lot at Metal Archives, and that started to pull me in more of an elitist direction (this was also at the time when several of the MA elitists were posting here regularly). But then more recently UM helped me get into some decidedly non-elitist subgenres (some melodeath and above all brutal death).

Met a lot of cool people, including a couple that I would consider friends. I have better taste now than when I first joined, but I don't think much of that was due to UM since besides V5 everyone dislikes what I like, or knows less about it. Other than that I don't think it's changed much about me at all.