Extreme Metal you can feel good about

Only Gardens of Grief and The Red in the Sky Is Ours.
What about Slaughter of the Soul and Terminal Spirit Disease? Anyhow, thank you, but I'm not a moron, of course I know At The Gates...With Fear I Kiss The Burning Darkness is amazing, but the production is a little too shitty...

I like Carcass' last 2 albums, but the earlier stuff...even the track names are intimidating ("Lavaging Expectorate of Lysergide Composition?" What the fuck?)
Dismember I've heard, pretty damn good...
I'll check out Eucharist...

Not viking metal...

okay, maybe not "Viking metal" per se, but anything that deals with Norse culture or mythology can be considered viking metal...

First Viking Metal song ever: The Immigrant Song, by Led Zeppelin, followed by Invasion by Iron Maiden (eventually appeared as Invaders on Number of the Beast, but there's an early version with Dianno on voxx released as a B-Side in the late 70's.

First real viking metal: Bathory

job for a cowboy
as blood runs black
from the shallows

all great bands with good lyrics.

^lol Bullet For My Valentine...
Anyways, since I suppose you're enjoying blackened death metal, I also recommend: Behemoth-Demigod.

Grindcore is abrasive crap, metalcore is a bunch of moron teenagers trying to sound hardcore. In my opinion.

If Demigod is exactly what you're looking for, then get:

The Chasm
Arghosent
Pan.Thy.Monium
Phlebotomized
Lunatic Gods

Also, some metal core can be HOT. It's all opinion, though :)

Jof For A Cowboy FTW!

Also, some metal core can be HOT. It's all opinion, though :)

Jof For A Cowboy FTW!

Exactly what metalcore can be "HOT"? Trivium suck, and Shadows Fall aren't metalcore. So give me one example of decent metalcore that's not either of those bands.

Of the bands named, I could only find Nokturnal Mortem (No samples...:cry:) and Lunatic Gods, which wasn't particularly interesting. The Chasm looked sorta cool but there were no samples on their website:cry::cry:

Oh, and by the way, I'm honestly not interested in "Aryan Black Metal." I think I posted at the beginning of this thread that Nazi music was what I didn't want. Not a big black metal fan overall, but being half Norwiegian half Jewish I find Aryan Nationalism more than a little creepy. And Nokturnal Mortum look like a crappy band anyways, judging by the band photos. Anyone who needs to put on makeup like KISS and call themself Xaarquath isn't a real musician. And the rip off of the Bathory fire-breathing photo is just lame. Don't rip off Bathory or the razor will greet your flesh.