How has UM changed you?

True.
Megadeth kick reasonable amounts of ass, but not as much as many people feel. I dunno how important they are, though. Mostly get a lot of love because they're one of a very few metal bands ever to really break into the mainstream, despite the fact that their output at that point was utter shit.

True.
Megadeth kick reasonable amounts of ass, but not as much as many people feel. I dunno how important they are, though. Mostly get a lot of love because they're one of a very few metal bands ever to really break into the mainstream, despite the fact that their output at that point was utter shit.

I always have maintained that Dave getting kicked out of Metallica was the best thing that could have happened to him because he probably wouldn't have had as much free reign with his creativity as he has with Megadeth. I also think that he is a better guitar player, btu let's not go into that too much.

I always have maintained that Dave getting kicked out of Metallica was the best thing that could have happened to him because he probably wouldn't have had as much free reign with his creativity as he has with Megadeth. I also think that he is a better guitar player, btu let's not go into that too much.

I agree, since the majority of Megadeth's later material destroys most of Metallica's later material

Yeah for sure! Megadeth is my favorite band of all time and I think the good music is partly to be "blamed" on Daves negative feelings towards his old band mates. He wanted to be faster, heavier but more importantly better than they were. And guess what? Most of the stuff he's done is better than Metallica. Well for me better than just about anything else I've heard. Something with Mr Mustaines songwriting just clicks with me.

I dunno, I always found his songwriting clunky, like he wrote good riffs but just stuck 'em together.

I agree, since the majority of Megadeth's later material destroys most of Metallica's later material

This is true.

Yeah for sure! Megadeth is my favorite band of all time and I think the good music is partly to be "blamed" on Daves negative feelings towards his old band mates. He wanted to be faster, heavier but more importantly better than they were. And guess what? Most of the stuff he's done is better than Metallica. Well for me better than just about anything else I've heard. Something with Mr Mustaines songwriting just clicks with me.

I think if it wasn't for Mustaine having so much negativity towards Metallica to fuel the fires for his songwriting, the band may not have been as successful as they are now.

I dunno, I always found his songwriting clunky, like he wrote good riffs but just stuck 'em together.

I can see where you're coming from, but clunky proves to be effective.

nah... haven't looked into it

You slacker!! ;) I shall perhaps talk to you on MSN at some point if I am not in a miroculous state after tonight's pub shenanigans! :lol:

Arn't they behinde the Power Rangers theme?
Lolwut?

Anyways, Megadeth for me has always been about Daves solos. His raw and aggressive style just grabbed me, and is what really got me into metal, and now, listening to Megadeth really is about the nostalgia.

Wow, thanks everybody, definitely keep being nice, yes I listen to Slayer, Megadeth, Metallica, Iron Maiden, not so much Judas Priest but I know a few of their songs, and of course I know who Black Sabbath are...

<_>