Extreme Metal you can feel good about

Exactly what metalcore can be "HOT"? Trivium suck, and Shadows Fall aren't metalcore. So give me one example of decent metalcore that's not either of those bands.

The War Within is Shadows Fall's best album and it's metalcore, like it or not. I don't think the rest of their releases are worth mentioning. Anyways, Unearth are good(especially III: In the Eyes of Fire) but they've already been mentioned sooo...:

The Autumn Offering
Maintain
Hurtlocker
Maroon

It's stupid to write metalcore off simply because of bands like Trivium. Not every metalcore band follows the cookie cutter breakdown formula and they're not all "teenagers trying to sound hardcore."

Oh, and by the way, I'm honestly not interested in "Aryan Black Metal." I think I posted at the beginning of this thread that Nazi music was what I didn't want. Not a big black metal fan overall, but being half Norwiegian half Jewish I find Aryan Nationalism more than a little creepy. And Nokturnal Mortum look like a crappy band anyways, judging by the band photos. Anyone who needs to put on makeup like KISS and call themself Xaarquath isn't a real musician. And the rip off of the Bathory fire-breathing photo is just lame. Don't rip off Bathory or the razor will greet your flesh.

If you listened to Weltanschauung, you would have no idea that it was "nazi music" (which it's not, it's simply nationalist, which is nothing more than a love of your country/heritage). It's just good music, and I don't really see how it's any different to the casual listener from something like Amon Amarth. And who the fuck are you to say "doing such and such means you're not a real musician?" I thought you were looking for good music, not a fucking "cool metal dudes" catalogue. Maybe you should stick to mallcore.

Exactly what metalcore can be "HOT"? Trivium suck, and Shadows Fall aren't metalcore. So give me one example of decent metalcore that's not either of those bands.

Of the bands named, I could only find Nokturnal Mortem (No samples...:cry:) and Lunatic Gods, which wasn't particularly interesting. The Chasm looked sorta cool but there were no samples on their website:cry::cry:

Seek those bands, I'm sure you'll like them if you like Demigod (the band.)

As for metalcore, get All Shall Perish's The Price of Existance. It's in my top 20 albums of all time.

Also, the new Job For a Cowboy album is pretty tasteful imo death metal, give it a go, it seems like the type of thing you might like. Pretty heavy/devastating, but not too weird and outrageous.