the *scare the shit outta me* band recommendations thread.

I've just gotta say Mothman Skull. they are basically my favorite scary music band (hence the username because they are my favs). It's seriously some of the most vile, scare-ass music from the hell ever.

MOTHMAN SKULL

Ajattara are a damn spooky band...They're an ambient dark/black metal band, the vocals are in Finnish. My friend gave me their CD "Itse" and it's incredible and the music/vocals are kind of unsetteling lol... It's really unlike anything else I've ever heard before, I love it :]

Ajattara = Devil of the Woods

In terms of scary music, does anyone know of any bands with scary lyrics? And by that I do NOT mean gore lyrics. I mean lyrics about death from a nihilistic perspective; speaking of eternal nonexistence/external nothingness, and the inevitability of death. A band where the lyrics without fail will remind you that you will die someday never to exist again in any form. In a nutshell, nihilistic death metal (like Atrocity, Anasarca, etc.).

I'll repeat it again, because they have some pretty fucked up lyrics: The Axis of Perdition

"The universe is crumbling to dust
The atoms themselves are coming apart
The weak flesh withers and dies
Nail and tooth, token trophies

But through it all, a beacon of light
A homing signal at the end of infinity
A dulcet torch pierces Mechanikanna's excrement
The single tri-lobed eye�

Piping daemonium flutes
The madness at the centre of everything
And it swells through the gate of nothingness
Time itself has died"

and then there's

"Mummified god clinging like a parasite
To an earth that pathetically complies
Shall be swallowed by that gaping maw
All that lives shall die

Fall and fall again into the horrific maze of your undoing
To me it is a reflection of my supremacy."

I genuinely found obscura by gorguts scary on the first couple of listens, Luc Lemay's vocal's are so intense and raw, plus the instrumentation is a total head fuck.

Silencer (Swe) - Death - Pierce Me

Actually on my first listen of this now. Apparently their vocalist was institutionalised after the recording of this album. Disturbingly good stuff!

For some reason, Sunn O))) Do not scare me. Rather, they bore me. When I want "scary music," I want music that conjures up images of cemetaries and eternal death, like Atrocity - Longing for Death.

Silencer (Swe) - Death - Pierce Me

Actually on my first listen of this now. Apparently their vocalist was institutionalised after the recording of this album. Disturbingly good stuff!

That's a great album, not exactly scary per se...but it's definitely unsettling and a bit disturbing. Thanks for the recommendation.