The secret behind Viva's tray

Schism

Evacuate, Assemble here..
Jan 15, 2003
Mittagong, NSW Australia
Visit site
I posted this on the Katatonia board, but expect alot of people here will purchase VIVA EMPTINESS

I picked up my copy of Viva Emptiness in a Sydney store yesterday, I was quite mystified at how they had gotten it before the official Euro release date, but anyway I grabbed it without hesitation (even though I had the Mp3's a month before), The artwork is nice great pics by Trav and a chrome-like colour to all the artwork.
Ever since I discovered the cow licking it's own arse on the Tool-undertow album, I have always lifted the tray to find hidden artwork (if the tray is not clear like it usually is these days) I will not reveal what I have found, yet, coz you all may enjoy the surprise, but I will say their is a curious little conversation between two people printed behind the black tray.

Let me know what you make of it everybody!!

Schism: WTF?? Where, how did you get this? I was at Utopia yesterday and there was no sign of Viva Emptiness. Which store did you get it from? Surely you lie?

Cutter said:
Schism: WTF?? Where, how did you get this? I was at Utopia yesterday and there was no sign of Viva Emptiness. Which store did you get it from? Surely you lie?

JB HIFI Parramatta my friend, surprised the hell out of me too, what was even weirder was the copy of Anthrax's newie that I bought too, that I didn't even know was out!!

They always have a great range of Metal Imports their, check it out!!

BTW they had heaps of copies!!

Wicked...just picked up my copy and listening too it now. More morosely catchy melancholic tunes for my listening pleasure.

cheers for the tip Schism.

:headbang:

Hey....do you live in Parramatta? This has nothing to do with Katatonia, but I'm just asking cos I used to live there. I'm from Texas but moved there for a short while in 2000 and came back after 5 months... I have an Eels shirt somewhere..... :headbang: Oh well, hi. I'll be getting the CD when I find it and have some money......

BlackwaterNymph said:
Hey....do you live in Parramatta? This has nothing to do with Katatonia, but I'm just asking cos I used to live there. I'm from Texas but moved there for a short while in 2000 and came back after 5 months... I have an Eels shirt somewhere..... !
headbob.gif
Oh well, hi. I'll be getting the CD when I find it and have some money......

nope...don't live in Parramatta. I can see u got into League pretty quickly...what made you go back, if I can be so bold as to ask?

yea, i just picked up viva emptiness a couple days ago, the 22nd to be exact.....and i live in fucking hong kong!

and the metal shop here had a promo copy of damnation like two months ago, way before any of the mp3's had leaked so i had a pretty good listen to it then...of course now i have the mp3's and am going to buy it when it comes out in april.

I never realized there was a cow underneath the Undertow tray.

That's.... nice.

I have a vague urge to check all the trays of all my CDs now but luckily I'm too lazy to actually do that.

BlackwaterNymph said:
Hey....do you live in Parramatta? This has nothing to do with Katatonia, but I'm just asking cos I used to live there. I'm from Texas but moved there for a short while in 2000 and came back after 5 months... I have an Eels shirt somewhere..... !
headbob.gif
Oh well, hi. I'll be getting the CD when I find it and have some money......

I don't live there anymore, my family still does and when I visit I always hit JB HIFI and COLLECT records, coz they get some great Import Metal, which very rarely makes it to Wollongong stores!

BlackwaterNymph said:
Well I didn't really have a choice on leaving....I was there living with my boyfriend and he broke it off with me, so I came back home. Sucks...and I miss koalas :)
Mustve been one hell of a guy to move to Australia for. Sounds like something I would do. *Is Hopeless Romantic*.

Romantic huh? That why you wanna fill faces up with dick? *per your signature*
sasmokin.gif
That was over two years ago....lived in New York for a month too with someone but that too fizzled. Why don't I meet someone from Texas....cos they drive trucks and say "y'all". :devil: Anyway, Australia was really incredible, I worked as a waitress at a "Texan" themed place. Very .....interesting.

Ha...that hidden conversation behind the tray is fucked up. Kind of reminds me of that nasty secret track at the end of slipknot of all the guys doing some pretty fucked up shit. Oh well, that'll teach me to delve too deeply.