The "Should I get a second job?" Thread

Should I get a second job?

• Yes

Votes: 7 38.9%
  • No

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Why would you want to give up free weekends?

Votes: 8 44.4%
  • You're an over-achiever

Votes: 1 5.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
How often did you work?

I mean, would restaurants be willing to train someone to work on weekends exclusively?

Probably not. My girlfriend worked at Chili's for a few months as a hostess, and shold told me most places usually have rotating schedules. Like a few people work during the week when its not so busy, and then get a chance to work one of the busy days on the weekends if they want, if not whoever wants it can have it. So as far as a server goes, you might get lucky enough to find some place that would let you, but I wouldn't count on it. That's when servers make a majority of their money.

You could make alot of money as a bartender for sure.

Anyone know of jobs that really don't mind guys with long hair? I can't think of a single place, and I'm needing a second job very sorely right now.

Anyone know of jobs that really don't mind guys with long hair? I can't think of a single place, and I'm needing a second job very sorely right now.

It really all just depends on the employer, not necessarily the line of work. Just find a job you're interested in, and show up to the interview in some classy clothes (suit) with your hair tied back. If they know you're serious about the job and you look professional from the start, they shouldn't mind.

It really all just depends on the employer, not necessarily the line of work. Just find a job you're interested in, and show up to the interview in some classy clothes (suit) with your hair tied back. If they know you're serious about the job and you look professional from the start, they shouldn't mind.

I agree, but there are a lot of employers who are jackasses; I've called all the places I applied too (and shown up personally to boot), and basically everything is shut down till the holidays (I can't wait that long). I really just want to stop working federal as it is.

Sorry, I have standards. They'll prob try to much my ass and shit too - I can't be having that.

Aren't you afraid their eyeliner will leak out of your headphones?

edit: I just realized after I posted that I'm thinking of a different band:
Avenged_Sevenfold_2005.jpg