The Show this past weekend...

Mammoth

Capsicum Slave
Feb 19, 2003
The Land of TAXES [SWE]
Visit site
First of all... The loss of Patrick is sad but do not worry about the new drummer! Jonas was increadible behind the drum set. The show was awesome and basically blew everyone away. The audience was kind of lame... it could have been due to the horrible second act opening band. They really sucked royally. The show was increadibly tight even though Tom admitted to be firmly hungover, rock and roll style :) I talked to the band afterwards and it seems the sales are picking up! I am sad to think about having to chase the band down for the next gig seeing how they aren't playing a show in Stockholm for the next.... shit let's just say long time. :( So for all you metal fanatics waiting for the show to come to your home town, it will be worth the wait. They used their signature series guitars which really cool and gave a firm bite. They each had four new Caparison guitars ranging from jet black to a wierd orange thing that Henrik played. I envy you all now seeing how it will be some time before seeing them again!!!

Mammoth said:
First of all... The loss of Patrick is sad but do not worry about the new drummer! Jonas was increadible behind the drum set. The show was awesome and basically blew everyone away. The audience was kind of lame... it could have been due to the horrible second act opening band. They really sucked royally. The show was increadibly tight even though Tom admitted to be firmly hungover, rock and roll style :) I talked to the band afterwards and it seems the sales are picking up! I am sad to think about having to chase the band down for the next gig seeing how they aren't playing a show in Stockholm for the next.... shit let's just say long time. :( So for all you metal fanatics waiting for the show to come to your home town, it will be worth the wait. They used their signature series guitars which really cool and gave a firm bite. They each had four new Caparison guitars ranging from jet black to a wierd orange thing that Henrik played. I envy you all now seeing how it will be some time before seeing them again!!!

First of all, the suportacts was greate, but offcource evergrey kicked their ass. The crowd must have been like the worst crowd evergrey ever had. Even Motala had much of a better crowd then klubben, and thats just a fucking festival. It was like a embarising silence between the songs, probably to few drunk people :D

svältvinter said:
First of all, the suportacts was greate, but offcource evergrey kicked their ass. The crowd must have been like the worst crowd evergrey ever had. Even Motala had much of a better crowd then klubben, and thats just a fucking festival. It was like a embarising silence between the songs, probably to few drunk people :D

My guess is that most of them were hungover or simply tired from the night before. I did find it a strange date to play on in Stockholm seeing how most people were away celebrating easter somewhere else and the fact that it should have been a saturday/friday instead a sunday on easter... oh well. But yeah the crowd was really a dead beat only once beaten by a concert crowd in Östersund (can't remember the band). I hope that Evergrey will come back to Stockholm later on this year thought to give the Stockholmish people a second chance to attend their kickass show. The first opening act was actually really good and the singer funny as HELL, never did catch their name thought. Great soloing and good music composition but the second act....I would go as far as to call them (good?) great. My guess is that they were only a local gig for this specific show or let's hope so. Looking forward for new show reviews on the Forum. :)

Mammoth said:
My guess is that most of them were hungover or simply tired from the night before. I did find it a strange date to play on in Stockholm seeing how most people were away celebrating easter somewhere else and the fact that it should have been a saturday/friday instead a sunday on easter... oh well. But yeah the crowd was really a dead beat only once beaten by a concert crowd in Östersund (can't remember the band). I hope that Evergrey will come back to Stockholm later on this year thought to give the Stockholmish people a second chance to attend their kickass show. The first opening act was actually really good and the singer funny as HELL, never did catch their name thought. Great soloing and good music composition but the second act....I would go as far as to call them (good?) great. My guess is that they were only a local gig for this specific show or let's hope so. Looking forward for new show reviews on the Forum. :)

I guess that the band with funny vocalist have to be Loch Vostok.

As u said, i hope that this will not result in no more stockholmsgigs, and i really hope that the evergreyguys understand that the SthlmCrowd can do much better than that.

A different kind of question: What kind of merchandise are they selling? Since I probably won't have the opportunity of seing them live on this tour
bawl1.gif
I at least need to know what my concert going friends shall buy for me (Hey, we must support the band in every way possible right :D )

I was also at the show. And Evergrey was not very good. To be honest they bored the fuck out of me. I'm not surprised the crowd was 'dead' because Evergrey is certainly not a good live band. The highlight of the night was actually the second supportact The Provenance. They kicked ass and was alot better than Evergrey. Very unique sounding band.

hej said:
The highlight of the night was actually the second supportact The Provenance. They kicked ass and was alot better than Evergrey. Very unique sounding band.

My guess is that your in that second opening act, probably a band member. Do not take it personal in that case but that band would be better off opening for... lets say Fireside or something. As for the ´GREY not being a live band well, we are all intitled to have our own opinions but for fucksake......

Mammoth said:
My guess is that your in that second opening act, probably a band member. Do not take it personal in that case but that band would be better off opening for... lets say Fireside or something. As for the ´GREY not being a live band well, we are all intitled to have our own opinions but for fucksake......

I think you´re wrong here.
I know the guys/girl in The Provenance and I can't see anyone of them talk down like this, so my guess is that "hej" is just a person who don't like Evergrey as much as the rest of us here.
And I totally disagree with you that the music style of The Provenance isn't fit to make them a support act to Evergrey.
I think it's a great mix.
And they're gonna be support act when Evergrey play at Musikens Hus in Gothenburg the 2:nd of May as well.

Strahd said:
A different kind of question: What kind of merchandise are they selling? Since I probably won't have the opportunity of seing them live on this tour
bawl1.gif
I at least need to know what my concert going friends shall buy for me (Hey, we must support the band in every way possible right :D )

:) The new t shirt with the cover of recreation day

and I even caught he's drumstick!!!
here's the setlist:
Evergrey
Stockholm, Klubben
20/4/2003

1, Blinded
2, End Of Your Days
3, Nosferatu
4, The Encounter
5, Recreation Day
6, She Speaks To The Dead
7, Watching The Skies
8, I'm Sorry
9, Your Darkest Hour
10, The Great Deciver
11, Rulers Of The Mind
12, Solitude Within
13, The Masterplan

I took like... 22 pics and I have an exellent bootleg of the show. the only bad things is that
1. there are a lot of irretating "whistles" and
2, it cuts at the last chorus of "The Masterplan", but otherwise, the recording is exellent.

hörs. mvh emil.