THE SHRED THREAD

Oh damn before the screen fully loaded I saw James and I thought you were linking to some James Hetfield shredding, I was so disappointed :(

Reactions: redfly
James could actually be moonlight, I'm currently listening to Evile's last album and at times the singer really does sound like James. The music is more thrash than Metallica are, maybe even more thrash than Metallica ever were, but the similarities in the vocals on some track is hard not to hear.

Reactions: Neptune and redfly
I really don't mind Evile. They have four fairly consistent albums of trash. There is maybe one or two songs that are a bit more melodic and slow but overall for four albums they are more consistent than a lot of bands have been in recent years.

Reactions: Neptune and redfly
Maybe Marty has gone back to the 80's, are you sure the albums are being released on CD?:)

I was watching a relatively recent episode of Scorpion (the show supposedly based on Walter O'Brian) the other day and the super brain was using cassette to record a song he was writing because of noise to loss ratio or some other lame excuse he gave. Given how many people believe in TV and worse that TV show it's hardly surprising cassettes are making a come back. People hear a supposed expert say it's good and they have to have it.

Yeah that's true lol. What's pissing me off is that NB are making cheaper and cheaper cd cases but meanwhile they have no problem making cassettes which are like 99% plastic

Reactions: Slammed
Cassette cases are also a prick to print for, you either get smaller pictures or less segments. Putting a lyric sheet in a cassette is a joke and unfolding a cover to look at things is a joke. I don't hate cassettes but they don't age well especially in the heat and I don't buy into the idea that a shitty cassette that the record companies mass produce sounds better. Analogue does have a unique sound but only on high quality tapes not the shit that is mass produced.