THE SHRED THREAD

Yeah I don't have a problem with his thoughts, even his idea that Hendrix did more with a guitar, but there is definitely a time and place for everything and he chose the wrong time to say what he did.

Reactions: redfly
From an old fella who was 40 when EVH broke the scene I can see why he has the opinion he does, Hendrix did a lot of things that many of the time weren't doing. But in saying that it's kind of like David turned off from the early 70's and only recently woke up if he can't also accept that EVH was as much an innovator as he thought Hendrix was. It kind of like he missed the memo of the last 20 years, "don't say stupid shit online".

That's fucking stupid, why would Exodus advertise that on their FB and not mention it's a german site only?

Isn't EMP Jnr's company?

That's fucking stupid, why would Exodus advertise that on their FB and not mention it's a german site only?

Isn't EMP Jnr's company?
Yeah I thought so too. There's a pop up for international but the contest isn't there and the site looks more of a buy hip stuff than a music site.
But yeah the direct link is all German.
Is it Jnr's?

Reactions: Slammed
Yeah it's a buy hip stuff with a metal logo on it. Kind of like Kardashians do metal gear!
I think EMP is his, but last I looked EMP didn't sell that kind of hipster crap.

Nah I think it's mid November. Metal Injection listed it as released about 3 weeks ago but they were obviously wrong...or stupid.

It's all about timing, even he has admitted it probably wasn't the right time to say what he did. But that's okay, he's old we forgive our old and frail :)

Reactions: Neptune
I'd frankly be surprised if Crosby had liked EVH. I mean, why should he? Did we expect EVH to listen to CSNY?

I appreciate his honesty more than others' hollow insincere tributes. Some of them seem more like a way to draw attention to themselves.

Me personally, EVH's death has hit hard and I have been listening to a lot of his music and interviews in the last week or so.

I'm glad I still have some of his songs out there for me to discover and appreciate.

I think EVH's tapping is overrated, and his rhythm playing, keyboard playing, and overall songwriting abilities were underrated.

I'd frankly be surprised if Crosby had liked EVH. I mean, why should he? Did we expect EVH to listen to CSNY?

I appreciate his honesty more than others' hollow insincere tributes. Some of them seem more like a way to draw attention to themselves.

Angus Young famously said (back in the 80's) that a Led Zep show bored him because of the solos and how much attention was put on JP. At the same time we were seeing AC/DC spend 2 hours focusing mainly on Angus and his solos from 5 different locations around the stadium. People say silly things and they say them at the wrong time. Respect for others would stop me from saying what Crosby said at that time, but not everyone has the same respect, and it doesn't mean his thoughts were wrong.

And yeah I agree there does seem to be some who come out at these times and try and focus the limelight on themselves.