THE SHRED THREAD

I haven't either. I have designed a few over my time, the first one I designed when I was 16, and it was probably the closest I came to getting one. But I could never settle 100% on what I wanted, knowing full well that I'd be looking at it for life.

Reactions: redfly and Neptune
I knew a few tattoo artists over the years and I didn't trust them to do my artwork. (despite knowing they were probably better artists than me)

Reactions: Neptune and redfly
Hahaha, right?

A long time ago one of my friends kept talking about this guy he knows in his town that does tattoos. Eventuaaly I met the guy. I sat at his table just doodling on paper. Some stupid cartoon cat or rabbit. The guy saw it and flipped out. Can I have that?!! It was seriously a doodle. I'm like, uh sure man. It's not very good though. He kept saying how great it was. That was my second indication that this guy was no artist. The first was the awful tattoo he said he gave himself.
The best thing about that was he had a Doberman Pincher. And this dog no lie had to be like 2 and a half feet wide. I've never seen anything like it!

I used to have "wide load" signs for the truck when I had an oversized load, maybe that dog needs them :)

When I lived in Sydney the guys across that road had this huge dog, not sure of the breed but it was about the size of a miniature pony and it used to come over to our place when it saw the woman I lived with come home from work. She worked in a cafe and the dog knew that she'd occasionally turn up with the end of days cakes they couldn't keep over night because they had whipped cream on them. This dog had a head the size of a basket ball and stood nearly 4 foot tall. It looked scary but was lovely and placid, it would just wander down the driveway, wait for the car door to open, if the answer was no he'd walk away, if it was yes, he'd follow my house mate inside and just wait in the kitchen to be fed. He'd take a single slice of cake which I'd struggle to hold in two hands, in his mouth and just wander back home with it.

So, I don't really expect anyone to watch this. I think I posted the whole thing before. Or maybe slammed did? This is just Marty's parts for the Jason Becker fund raiser.
Marty is fucking awesome. He's jamming along to this random stuff and he just gets better and better. I was completely transfixed on his playing. The things he comes up with is just like no other. It's 15 minutes long. He's got such melody and these micro bursts of speed that just rock. The comments on the screen are pretty funny. A lot of people saying Herman won't stop and needs to let Marty play more.

So, I don't really expect anyone to watch this. I think I posted the whole thing before. Or maybe slammed did? This is just Marty's parts for the Jason Becker fund raiser.
Marty is fucking awesome. He's jamming along to this random stuff and he just gets better and better. I was completely transfixed on his playing. The things he comes up with is just like no other. It's 15 minutes long. He's got such melody and these micro bursts of speed that just rock. The comments on the screen are pretty funny. A lot of people saying Herman won't stop and needs to let Marty play more.

Love the deth albums he played on, just a phenom and he makes it look easy!

Reactions: redfly and Slammed

I do remember that video. Marty and Jason are two guys I don't really get sick of. I wouldn't buy all of Marty's records because I'm not that into instrumentals but listening to them just once is definitely a good experience. It's the same as that Jason Becker album (the one with the heart on the cover). It's not thrash, barely metal in some parts but it's so worth listening to at least once.