THE SHRED THREAD

Sometimes that happens to me too. Sometimes that number gets so high I ignore it :)
I feel sorry for anyone reading all the stuff we've waffled around here :)
Lol, that's another thing. You can type 4 paragraphs in the time it takes me to do one.
Yeah I do too. Oops! Pay no attention everybody!
I should have put up a disclaimer at the beginning!

Last edited:
I agree with nearly everything @redfly said about the former President. The man is a disgrace and sadly at this point I think he will get away with everything including trying to overturn the 2020 election. His cult of followers is scary. I voted for Mr. Biden because he was not Mr. Trump and sadly as President Biden seems to have rejected a progressive agenda and continues to support policies from the corporate Democrats. I hope I am wrong but I predict a GOP landslide in the midterm election.

Yeah that's a problem. Because it's the craziest voices that shout the loudest. I shudder to think of people in other countries believing his bullshit.
My favorite was Trump congratulating China's leader (I don't remember his name) when he became dictator for life. Trump said he'd have to look into something like that lol. Wasn't joking. After he lost he pretty much said he'd be a dictator and really acted as such during his term.
One thing no one seems to mention that I wish they would is that Trump and his people continue to say he's really president. So if he is. He can't fucking run again! You can only have two terms. So if he wants to run again he has to admit he lost!
Okay. Enough of that. Sorry!
Here's some shred!

Shred til you Dead! :kickass: How many hours a day do you think he practices to maintain that skill?

Yeah that's a problem. Because it's the craziest voices that shout the loudest. I shudder to think of people in other countries believing his bullshit.
My favorite was Trump congratulating China's leader (I don't remember his name) when he became dictator for life. Trump said he'd have to look into something like that lol. Wasn't joking. After he lost he pretty much said he'd be a dictator and really acted as such during his term.
One thing no one seems to mention that I wish they would is that Trump and his people continue to say he's really president. So if he is. He can't fucking run again! You can only have two terms. So if he wants to run again he has to admit he lost!
Okay. Enough of that. Sorry!
Here's some shred!

The media has a lot to answer for in this world. We can't believe half of what comes out about the fighting in Ukraine, we can believe even less than that if it's come from Russia, but it's also every day news that is tainted. A famous cricketer from Oz died in Thailand a bit over a week ago, the media were immediately on the case and even before the autopsy were blaming it on a diet gone wrong. Even after the autopsy that revealed a heart attack that even doctors wouldn't picked up the media claimed he was in Thailand for a radical diet camp. Then they followed the body everywhere it went and reported on it constant taking the Ukraine situation off the first story of the news. Then they filmed the plane with the coffin taking off in Thailand, landing in Melbourne and then as they are removing the fucking casket off the plane with an Aussie flag on it the news people are talking to people watching it happen through a cyclone wire fence. Now all they want to talk about is the state run memorial service and a private funeral for the family which you can bet wont be private. And to top it all off these fucking reporters have the nerve to keep referring to the guy as a national hero and icon. Shit, if the guy was that fucking important let him rest in peace for fucks sake. It's no wonder we have shit politicians, we have shit reporters constantly letting them get away with it.

I got no shred it's not even 7am :(

Reactions: Neptune and redfly
I agree with nearly everything @redfly said about the former President. The man is a disgrace and sadly at this point I think he will get away with everything including trying to overturn the 2020 election. His cult of followers is scary. I voted for Mr. Biden because he was not Mr. Trump and sadly as President Biden seems to have rejected a progressive agenda and continues to support policies from the corporate Democrats. I hope I am wrong but I predict a GOP landslide in the midterm election.
Yeah I hope not too. The Dems are still making the same mistakes and taking the high road. They can't hope to win a war against such vocal propaganda.I would be completely outraged if he gets away with everything. Anyone else would already be in prison. I don't know how people with kids teach them to be good? What's the point when someone who is supposed to lead by example is as dirty as it gets and gets away with it?
But the commission is still interviewing people and going deeper and deeper (it's scary to see how far back this was planned, even trying to take out the post office) and his friends are turning against him. And NY is still going after him for taxes and other things. So there's still a glimmer of hope.

The media has a lot to answer for in this world. We can't believe half of what comes out about the fighting in Ukraine, we can believe even less than that if it's come from Russia, but it's also every day news that is tainted. A famous cricketer from Oz died in Thailand a bit over a week ago, the media were immediately on the case and even before the autopsy were blaming it on a diet gone wrong. Even after the autopsy that revealed a heart attack that even doctors wouldn't picked up the media claimed he was in Thailand for a radical diet camp. Then they followed the body everywhere it went and reported on it constant taking the Ukraine situation off the first story of the news. Then they filmed the plane with the coffin taking off in Thailand, landing in Melbourne and then as they are removing the fucking casket off the plane with an Aussie flag on it the news people are talking to people watching it happen through a cyclone wire fence. Now all they want to talk about is the state run memorial service and a private funeral for the family which you can bet wont be private. And to top it all off these fucking reporters have the nerve to keep referring to the guy as a national hero and icon. Shit, if the guy was that fucking important let him rest in peace for fucks sake. It's no wonder we have shit politicians, we have shit reporters constantly letting them get away with it.

I got no shred it's not even 7am :(
God that's gross. No shame at all!
They really are responsible for a lot of garbage. This 24 hour news cycle is partly to blame. But it was okay for a long time. Fox news went crazy ever since 911 ( they were fairly moderate before that) others see how much ratings they get by being tabloid-ish and follow suit. CNN is very left leaning (more so since Trump got in), sometimes sickeningly so.
But they don't straight up invent shit and ignore facts. If they do make a mistake they own up to it. Tucker Carlson on Fox finally admitted he was wrong about Russia. But that was after a long time of actual praise, and pretty much had to. His wasn't a mistake, he was supporting Trump. And that's only one of their awful "journalists" That guy is as slimy as it comes. That Network is 99% opinion. I can watch for 5 minutes and just see lie after lie and hateful rhetoric to rile people up. Any of the people that had a shred of dignity left and are speaking out. Frankly, Rupert Murdoch has a lot to answer for. The buck stops with him.

Mainstream media is a joke and partially to blame for the rise of Trump and the Neofascists. They reported a lot of the stupid shit he said and did for the four years he was President and a lot of it was gossip that should not have been reported. I started going to Reuters and the Associated Press during his presidency because they seemed like the least biased news sources out there.

The news went downhill went they started mixing news, entertainment, and opinion together. 20 years ago news sites like yahoo used to keep that shit in separate sections, today it all is mixed together.

Yeah not only reported it, but supported it and backed it up to an absurd degree. And are still backing it up. It's very true it's all been combined. It's disgusting. When I was little I used to watch Walter Cronkite with my dad. I bet he's rolling in his grave.
I like Reuters and I still watch PBS news and sometimes BBC.
So many outlets aren't held to any standards at all. They just want traffic or powerful friends.

Reactions: Neptune and Slammed
God that's gross. No shame at all!
They really are responsible for a lot of garbage. This 24 hour news cycle is partly to blame. But it was okay for a long time. Fox news went crazy ever since 911 ( they were fairly moderate before that) others see how much ratings they get by being tabloid-ish and follow suit. CNN is very left leaning (more so since Trump got in), sometimes sickeningly so.
But they don't straight up invent shit and ignore facts. If they do make a mistake they own up to it. Tucker Carlson on Fox finally admitted he was wrong about Russia. But that was after a long time of actual praise, and pretty much had to. His wasn't a mistake, he was supporting Trump. And that's only one of their awful "journalists" That guy is as slimy as it comes. That Network is 99% opinion. I can watch for 5 minutes and just see lie after lie and hateful rhetoric to rile people up. Any of the people that had a shred of dignity left and are speaking out. Frankly, Rupert Murdoch has a lot to answer for. The buck stops with him.

Unkie Rupe is our ambassador :p Actually he gets a lot of blame for our current bunch of losers. The weird thing is that during the 2010's he got blamed for bad mouthing those who were in power enough to get them kicked out. But now he's pretty much stopped supporting the powers that he supposedly got voted in in the first place. It's so confusing as to who supports who now. We don't know if Rupe runs the country or if China does.

The biggest annoyance with a 24 hour news cycle is that they repeat the same shit so often just to try and convince people they have the latest news.

Reactions: redfly
Lol, God help you! ;)

We all need a big change! I don't know if we'll ever get it though. Yeah he did eventually say "screw him" about Trump. But it's like, well you made him. And continue to let the people who work for you spread hateful bullshit. So, too little too late I think.
Yeah and when you repeat shit enough people believe it.

The biggest problem is that now the can has been opened it wont ever be closed. Pricks like Rupe may die, but their influence on the world has been delivered and those that follow will emulate him.

Haha, I don't mow my grass that often but I mow it before it becomes a snake haven. It's strange what stories you get over there. I don't think I've heard a decent snake story here since last summer. I didn't even hear any stories about snakes or sharks turning up in peoples houses due to the flood.

Our latest scare campaign by the media is a Japanese Mosquito disease. There has been about 3 people die from it recently and the media are really loving the dramatic headlines. About the only thing they aren't telling people is that the disease has been here since the 70's and it's very rare to die from it. But wet, humid, rain, flood, perfect weather for it so the media has been reporting it like it's our next covid!

Reactions: Neptune and redfly
Well I've got reptiles as one one of my preferred topics on my Ipad so I get all that stuff. There's a lot!

Oh don't you love that?! We had something like that as well. Something that had been around for decades and had already been covered. But someone went digging and stirred it back into the news and they ran wild with it.

Reactions: Neptune and Slammed
Well perhaps you need to tell me these stories so I can be on the look out for danger.

Covid is back in the news again today so bye bye mosquito disease :)

Reactions: redfly and Neptune