THE SHRED THREAD

Yeah same here. It's hard to recognize how important and influential some things are at the time. And that magic had been captured that won't be again.

His legacy to metal is massive but what is truly amazing is that most of it happened in less than 10 years.

Reactions: Neptune and redfly
Yeah a very short time. And only two studio and one live album. And yet his shadow stretches ever the whole metal world decades later. And probably always will.

He also did two albums with Quiet Riot, a bit more hard rockish than Ozzy but still heavier than anything QR released.

He also did two albums with Quiet Riot, a bit more hard rockish than Ozzy but still heavier than anything QR released.
Hahaha. Oh right! I always forget about those. My first, and last Quiet Riot was Metal Health (my brothers) and I don't think he was on that. I don't think I've ever heard anything with him and QR.
Now I'm remembering the solo on Come on feel the noize. Was that him?

Last edited:
Reactions: Neptune and Slammed
Hahaha. Oh right! I always forget about those. My first, and last Quiet Riot was Metal Health (my brothers) and I don't think he was on that. I don't think I've ever heard anything with him and QR.
Now I'm remembering the solo on Come on feel the noize. Was that him?

He was on QR I and II and what he did would barely be remembered if he was still alive because it wasn't a scratch on what he did with Ozzy. But listening to it you can hear elements of the Randy that would evolve.

I hoped you looked at them with complete disgust! :p

Sadly it does no good, I've been giving them dirty looks for years when they say they can't get stuff in. Sometimes with minor label or independent stuff I give them a bit of a break, but then they went and made me wait for over a month to get Exodus. (actually that wasn't their fault but I'm still blaming them)

He was on QR I and II and what he did would barely be remembered if he was still alive because it wasn't a scratch on what he did with Ozzy. But listening to it you can hear elements of the Randy that would evolve.
Yeah for sure. I'm glad he hooked up with Oz! That's what I kind of remember about the QR stuff. Even though I don't think I've heard it. Maybe I heard a demo with him on it.

Sadly it does no good, I've been giving them dirty looks for years when they say they can't get stuff in. Sometimes with minor label or independent stuff I give them a bit of a break, but then they went and made me wait for over a month to get Exodus. (actually that wasn't their fault but I'm still blaming them)
As you should! No excuses!

Yeah for sure. I'm glad he hooked up with Oz! That's what I kind of remember about the QR stuff. Even though I don't think I've heard it. Maybe I heard a demo with him on it.

Ozzy and Sharon knew what he was capable of, obviously so did his mother, but she wasn't necessarily thinking of a life of metal for him. If he'd stayed in QR he'd have been just another guitarist, even with him writing the songs they were never going to write the sort of songs he excelled at.