The Sports Thread

The Yankees would just give the thing a billion million credits to leave them alone; it's within their budget, after all.

Gah! What the fuck. I'm starting to hate the Red Sox so much now, I'm seriously contemplating rooting for the Rockies.

I'm fucking pissed that the Steelers lost to the fucking Broncos. The Broncos had the WORST (32nd) rushing defense in the league, and the Steelers had the 2nd best rushing offense in the league (coming off of a bye week). Not only that, but Champ Bailey was inactive, so the passing game should have been wide open as well. Roethlisberger threw 2 interceptions (though one bounced off of a receiver) and lost a fumble that went for a touchdown. He did throw 4 touchdowns for 290 yards, but it was too little, too late. Parker, the leading rusher two weeks ago, didn't even break 100 against the WORST RUSHING DEFENSE IN THE LEAGUE. That's inexcusable. The line coverage was poor as well. Roethlisberger was sacked 4 times, but it could have been much more if he wasn't such an excellent scrambler for larger defenders and such a well-built quarterback that he can just roll his shoulder for smaller defenders. That really is his strength. He does very well on his own for the most part getting out of tricky situations and makes intelligent decisions on the run, often vastly extending the length of the play, and he showed that a few times tonight, but it was just too late. Of course, they still lead the division, but this should have been their game.

Um baseball who should I "root" for

Well there's no chance the Indians are going to win this one, so for the World Series, root for the Rockies.

Always use the quote function, young cookiepadawan. Haste leads to the dark side.

I played for a team called red skins as a kid is that the same thing as Indians

(P.S a lot of kids here played baseball for a while blame Michel Jordan)

No, the Red Skins over here are an American Football team.

The Yankees would just give the thing a billion million credits to leave them alone; it's within their budget, after all.

Gah! What the fuck. I'm starting to hate the Red Sox so much now, I'm seriously contemplating rooting for the Rockies.

The Red Sox could have a bigger budget. They have a bigger potential market. I'm just sayin'... The Yankees aren't the only ones with wealth to match a Hutt. And go Rox. :puke:

Um baseball who should I "root" for

For now, the Colorado Rockies. They are gr1m and frostb1tten.

But next season? The great and mighty New York Yankees, my friend. Maybe these last few years have ended in failure, but that doesn't erase their history of excellence, nor does the recent success erase the history of faggotry for the Red Sox.

Boston Red Sox

FUCK THAT GAY SHIT AND THEIR STUPID GAY TEAM THAT IS NAMED AFTER LAUNDRY.

World Series! I was worried there for for a little while

GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY.

This was the first time I've ever preferred to watch a baseball game over a football game. Weird.

I had the opposite happen for me today.

God I hate the Red Sox so much right now. Almost as much as I would have hated them in the year between 2003 and 2005, if such a year had ever occured, which it did not.