The Sports Thread

Nice job bringing up something no one gives a shit about.

To Ack: All I can really say is, that was a crazy damn game, and anyone who won it really shouldn't have. Both teams played like shit that's for sure.

haha i was just tryin to get u going man, nothin' personal.

frankly im confused. ....i cant understand how the chargers managed to win and i certainly cant understand how the colts managed to lose. hmm.

So, I recorded the game last night and watched it this morning with a more clear mind; and a few things stood out to me. Despite everything that went against the Colts, I cannot believe they had a chance to win that game last night. While the loss was frustrating, I am somewhat impressed really. Alot of teams would have thrown in the towel after the second quarter, but despite 6 interceptions, 2 missed field goals, at least 3 more injured players, an inadvertent blown whistle on a spectacular interception, a re-spotting of the ball at the end of the game, 2special team touchdowns by the Chargers, a makeshift offensive line; and that is just what I can remember. They almost pulled the game out at the end. They started the game with 17 offensive players (3 were running backs). They lost 2 more offensive players during game, and Dwight fucking Freeney. They had some guys step up big, Clint Sessions comes to mind, and Gary Brackett, who along with Antwoine Bethea are the to most underrated players on the Colts defense. My thoughts are, even if the Colts tank another two games due to resting a few key starters and end the season 12-4, that aint bad. They finished the season 12-4 last year with a less talented team (namely on the defense) and won the Super Bowl. So regardless of the shitty game last night and all of the injuries, I'm still pretty optimistic.

I don't think it's the Colts or Pats year. I think it will be an NFC team; the Cowboys (who I despise) or the Pack.

Anyone but the Patriots

:kickass:

I would love them to get knocked out of the AFC playoffs by...any team! I have no hate for the Colts. If it ain't gonna be the Chargers (and I don't think it will be, but I think we will be in the playoffs) then Colts is fine with me. I like the Steelers ok too I guess.

As for the superbowl, I will probably root for AFC, unless it's the Pats.

Unlike purely elastic substances, a viscoelastic substance has an elastic component and a viscous component. The viscosity of a viscoelastic substance gives the substance a strain rate dependent on time. Purely elastic materials do not dissipate energy (heat) when a load is applied, then removed. However, a viscoelastic substance loses energy when a load is applied, then removed. Hysteresis is observed in the stress-strain curve, with the area of the loop being equal to the energy lost during the loading cycle. Since viscosity is the resistance to thermally activated plastic deformation, a viscous material will lose energy through a loading cycle. Plastic deformation results in lost energy, which is uncharacteristic of a purely elastic material's reaction to a loading cycle.

Specifically, viscoelasticity is a molecular rearrangement. When a stress is applied to a viscoelastic material such as a polymer, parts of the long polymer chain change position. This movement or rearrangement is called Creep. Polymers remain a solid material even when these parts of their chains are rearranging in order to accompany the stress, and as this occurs, it creates a back stress in the material. When the back stress is the same magnitude as the applied stress, the material no longer creeps. When the original stress is taken away, the accumulated back stresses will cause the polymer to return to its original form. The material creeps, which gives the prefix visco-, and the material fully recovers, which gives the suffix -elasticity.

Linear viscoelasticity is when the function is separable in both creep, response, and load. All linear viscoelastic models can be represented by a Volterra equation connecting stress and strain:
724037a74cf4bbaff89710203c0118ae.png

or

01b1da618deaf92e81158abc7d4e6b80.png

where:

• t is time
• σ(t) is stress
• ε(t) is strain
• Einst,creep and Einst,relax are instantaneous elastic moduli for creep and relaxation
• K(t) is the creep function
• F(t) is the relaxation function

Linear viscoelasticity is usually applicable only for small deformations.

Nonlinear viscoelasticity is when the function is not separable. It is usually happens when the deformations are large or if the material changes its properties under deformations.

Just thought you guys should know that.

the pats will make it to the superbowl if they lose a regular season game. i think they need one loss to rid themselves of the perfect season pressure. theyd play better in teh end and it would be a positive, as crazy as that sounds. but i really think if they carry an undefeated season into the playoffs they could buckle

Unlike purely elastic substances, a viscoelastic substance has an elastic component and a viscous component. The viscosity of a viscoelastic substance gives the substance a strain rate dependent on time. Purely elastic materials do not dissipate energy (heat) when a load is applied, then removed. However, a viscoelastic substance loses energy when a load is applied, then removed. Hysteresis is observed in the stress-strain curve, with the area of the loop being equal to the energy lost during the loading cycle. Since viscosity is the resistance to thermally activated plastic deformation, a viscous material will lose energy through a loading cycle. Plastic deformation results in lost energy, which is uncharacteristic of a purely elastic material's reaction to a loading cycle.

Specifically, viscoelasticity is a molecular rearrangement. When a stress is applied to a viscoelastic material such as a polymer, parts of the long polymer chain change position. This movement or rearrangement is called Creep. Polymers remain a solid material even when these parts of their chains are rearranging in order to accompany the stress, and as this occurs, it creates a back stress in the material. When the back stress is the same magnitude as the applied stress, the material no longer creeps. When the original stress is taken away, the accumulated back stresses will cause the polymer to return to its original form. The material creeps, which gives the prefix visco-, and the material fully recovers, which gives the suffix -elasticity.

Linear viscoelasticity is when the function is separable in both creep, response, and load. All linear viscoelastic models can be represented by a Volterra equation connecting stress and strain:
724037a74cf4bbaff89710203c0118ae.png

or

01b1da618deaf92e81158abc7d4e6b80.png

where:

• t is time
• σ(t) is stress
• ε(t) is strain
• Einst,creep and Einst,relax are instantaneous elastic moduli for creep and relaxation
• K(t) is the creep function
• F(t) is the relaxation function

Linear viscoelasticity is usually applicable only for small deformations.

Nonlinear viscoelasticity is when the function is not separable. It is usually happens when the deformations are large or if the material changes its properties under deformations.

Just thought you guys should know that.

OMG tanks!!11

Nov. 29th determines who goes to the Superbowl against AFC.

Green Bay @ Dallas

Not necessarily. But I think GB will win that game.

Well I think one of those two teams will go to the Super Bowl, that is why I think that game decides it. Whoever is the better out of those two teams...