The Sports Thread

The Pats are not a guarantee. Once it comes down to the end in the playoffs, teams will step up, and the Pats will have a hell of a lot bigger challenge on their hands. The Colts (with a reinvigorated lineup) and the Steelers will not roll over. There are only three teams with better records than the Steelers or the Colts; one of them is the Patriots, and the other two are in the NFC. Go ahead, laugh about it all you want, but go back to 2004 and watch the media coverage leading up the the Pats/Steelers game in the playoffs and see how much shit they talked about the meager 6th seed team that kicked their ass and went on to win the Super Bowl.

The Packers should really be 9-0 right now. They just gave the game away to the Bears. I blame it on terrible coaching (for that one game).

Mathiäs;6694303 said:
The Packers should really be 9-0 right now. They just gave the game away to the Bears. I blame it on terrible coaching (for that one game).
The Bears made timely plays in that game. I agree that the coaching was pretty suspect though. Better offensive play calling might have won that game.

GB's also won at least one game they should have lost. Denver really should have won that game in regulation, and it was a fluky play in OT that won it for GB. They've had a lot of good luck, like the play where the two guys on Minnesota hit each other while going for the pick and the ball deflected to a guy on GB for a touchdown. The good times won't last forever. Favre's due for a few games like he had the last two years where he looked done.

I honestly don't think that GB is as good as their record. Though, there's no question that they're one of the top teams in the league.

I agree that GB is pretty good but, I think the Cowboy's offense is far more diverse which is probably going to be the difference when they play eachother. Packers rely a little bit too much on luck for my liking.

my wins and losses for this past weekend and tonight (weird games.. alot of upsets imo):

Wins

Seattle -9
Greenbay - 5 1/2
Buffalo - 2 1/2
Cleveland + 10

Losses

Ohio State - 15
Tennessee - 5
New Orleans - 10 1/2
Detroit + 2
Indianapolis - 3

The Bears made timely plays in that game. I agree that the coaching was pretty suspect though. Better offensive play calling might have won that game.

GB's also won at least one game they should have lost. Denver really should have won that game in regulation, and it was a fluky play in OT that won it for GB. They've had a lot of good luck, like the play where the two guys on Minnesota hit each other while going for the pick and the ball deflected to a guy on GB for a touchdown. The good times won't last forever. Favre's due for a few games like he had the last two years where he looked done.

The Denver game was all around shit; no one could throw/hold on to the ball due to the bad weather. No one deserved to win that game. But I'd hardly call a great play like that 'fluky'. Also, Favre will not have play horribly because

A.) They have a strong offensive line
B.) Their defense is probably the best in the NFC and wins games when the offense is suffering

He played shtittily because he tried to force a lot of passes when things were going badly, to make things happen. This year they are good and he doesn't need to play like an idiot.

I agree that GB is pretty good but, I think the Cowboy's offense is far more diverse which is probably going to be the difference when they play eachother. Packers rely a little bit too much on luck for my liking.

I honestly don't think that GB is as good as their record. Though, there's no question that they're one of the top teams in the league.

You'll all see.

Few teams are ever as good as an 8-1 record tbh. And it's exceptionally rare to play at that level for an entire season. The Bears last year were unstoppable weeks 1-5. After that they were weaker, but good enough to win a lot of games and rely on homefield to get to the SB. You'd rather not be playing your best ball early in the year. Better to come on strong late.

my wins and losses for this past weekend and tonight (weird games.. alot of upsets imo):

Wins

Seattle -9
Greenbay - 5 1/2
Buffalo - 2 1/2
Cleveland + 10

Losses

Ohio State - 15
Tennessee - 5
New Orleans - 10 1/2
Detroit + 2
Indianapolis - 3

I think the last three times the Chargers game has gone the opposite of how you picked. I'm telling you, they are skitzo. They have a lot of talent but poor coaching and maybe morale issues.

afcwestchamp.jpg