The Sports Thread

Mathiäs;6704217 said:
You are a Giants fan. Support your players (or former players!) :mad:

I'm quite indifferent actually. I'm not going to support him if he did in fact knowingly take those drugs, but I'm not going to condemn him right now if he didn't.

Mathiäs;6704258 said:
The whole scheme revolves around catching Barry though.

The whole "scheme" (I prefer "investigation" but whatever) seems to focus on Barry because he is the biggest name and the biggest offender. Oh, and not to mention he's the all time homeruns king.

Barry Bonds would not be at the center of this investigation if he did not cheat. It's no ones fault but his own. Same goes for Giambi, Sammy Sosa, Miguel Tejada, Juan Rincon, Troy Glaus, Paul Byrd, Gary Matthews Jr., Rick Ankiel, Guillermo Mota...

damned fuckin yankees are tryin' get lowell from boston now. fuckin a.

Well, "fuckin a" is something to say when you agree with something, but that's all the knit picking I'm going to do right now.

I doubt the Yankees interest in Lowell is very serious (I talked about this on the previous page, btw), and is probably a product of Lowell's own stated desire to be a Yankee. Pretty much everyone wants to be a Yankee, though, and even the guys who don't know that the smartest thing to do is say the want to be a Yankee, because that means more money (this is yet more proof the Curt Schilling is a retard).

I heard something about the Phillies offering him four years and I can't remember for how much. I just looked at the Phillies website, though, and Pat Gillick says they aren't looking at him. Of course, that is retarded since A.) They need a 3b, B.) They can afford him, C.) He's a good fit for that ball park, D.) They sure as shit aren't going to get any good pitching this off season, and D.) He's a good veteran presence that would do them a lot of good. I can't imagine why the Phillies wouldn't be going hard after him, unless they are afraid he's too old.

Granted I don't speak for all professional athletes, or even a small fraction of them, but Lowell leaving Boston would be dumb imo. I'd rather take a little less money (even though I'm sure he's living quite well) knowing that I have a chance to repeat next season for a championship, or possibly more in the future.

Granted I don't speak for all professional athletes, or even a small fraction of them, but Lowell leaving Boston would be dumb imo. I'd rather take a little less money (even though I'm sure he's living quite well) knowing that I have a chance to repeat next season for a championship, or possibly more in the future.

Not to mention, Fenway Park completely revived his bat. No denying it.