The Sports Thread

lol if/when the Steelers lose in the playoffs, Nec will be all like "hurr they are still teh best team in the league, they just didn't feel like trying hard hurr"

Mathiäs;6727472 said:
lol if/when the Steelers lose in the playoffs, Nec will be all like "hurr they are still teh best team in the league, they just didn't feel like trying hard hurr"

1) You're an idiot to begin with.
2) I wasn't even fucking serious.
3) They won the Super Bowl as a 6th seed, beating the top 3 seeded teams in the AFC and the top seeded team in the NFC.

The Steelers are going to win the Super Bowl, it's pretty obvious.

:lol: Well, with the way the seeding is right now and assuming they win in the Wild Card round of the playoffs, the Steelers would be coming to Indy for the divisional round. Time for some payback. :)

LOL is that what happened in the last game? :lol:

You just can't man up and say that the Patriots beat the Colts by beating them, can you?. Brady lead a nice 4th quarter comeback (on the road down by 10) and Manning couldn't execute down the stretch. It happens. Deal with it.

Well you want me to be completely honest about my thoughts on that game? Ok sure.

The Colts were handing it to the Pats and it wasn't for a dropped interception by Bethea or the blown coverage on the 50 yarder to Moss the Colts would have won, and that was with a shit ton of injuries. I don't like how people ignore how severe the injury bug plagued the Colts have. You take Moss and Welker away and they'd be a lot less deadly. You completely re-arrange the Pats O-line and Brady would be getting pressured like mad, just like Peyton has been lately. Take half of their linebackers away, and I highly doubt their defense would be worth a damn. But all in all, the funny part in this whole ordeal is the fact that the Colts regardless of what has happened to them, is still holding the #2 seed in the AFC, and also sitting at the #2 spot on defense (higher than the Pats) and the #3 spot on offense (two lower than the Pats). That's saying something.

This isn't an attack on you but it is amazing how so many people get all orgasmic watching the Pats blow out teams like the Bills and Dolphins who, in reality aren't that good. Actually I'll go as far to say that they suck. I think the Pats are a great team but I also think they are the most overhyped sports team I have ever seen. The reason I say that is because they are destroying shit teams, and the two teams worth a shit this year they faced, dominated them through the first half (the Colts through 3 1/3 quarters). Everyone seems to be focusing on the fact that they are handpicked by God himself to be the greatest team ever instead of looking at some factual points like these:

- Got lucky vs. an injured Colts team.

- Got the benefit of Dallas killing themselves with penalties.

- Have been fortunate enough to not have any real injuries and they seem to be the only team that is that lucky.

I honestly believe that the Colts are the better team and if they were healthy that game they would have destroyed the Pats. I mean they were up 24-10 with 10 minutes left in the 4th quarter. What does that say? How does the Pats killing Buffalo trump that figure? It is clear that the key to the Pats is their O-line. Sorry but as great as Brady has been if he didn't have 24 minutes per pass he wouldn't be anywhere close to where he is. I've seen enough Pats games this year to see that he is getting protection that I didn't think was possible at the pro level. ANY decent QB behind that line playing with Moss could have an amazing season. You can call bullshit on that but hey, look at what he did against the Colts who are the only guys to really get consistent pressure on him. He was doing nothing up until the point that Moss bomb. Other than that he racked up 2 interceptions and again, should have been picked off for a 3rd time. But regardless, I will that stat wise he is having the greatest year a QB has ever had, but it's not like he is doing anything ungodly. In the end, it doesn't even matter. Manning has proven himself to be arguably the best QB to ever play, it's meaningless unless you actually win a Championship.

Anyway, I think it is time people actually judge teams by their games against the better teams in the league rather than how they do against shit teams. NE struggled vs. the banged up Colts so that says something. On the flip side, the banged up Colts did well vs the Pats so again, logic says that when they are healthy they should do even better.

edit: Yes I realize this is one of my worst arguments I've ever written, but I'm pretty tired so whatever.

Why do caricatures of people always say "hurr" at the beginning and end of every sentence?

hurr because it's cool dog

1) You're an idiot to begin with.
2) I wasn't even fucking serious.
3) They won the Super Bowl as a 6th seed, beating the top 3 seeded teams in the AFC and the top seeded team in the NFC.

1) k
2) k
) That's really astonishing, isn't it

I agree that Brady's numbers are phenomenal due to the great (perhaps best in the league) offensive line and weapons such as Moss and Welker. The Pats sure as fuck aren't a one man team whose success revolves around "Mr. Perfect" Tom Brady. But football IS a team sport, and the Pats are good as a team unit. No quarterback can have great numbers with no weapons and a mediocre line. For instance, Manning's numbers were much better when he had a healthy Harrison to throw the ball to, and this is when he broke the records he broke. This year, Brady has supreme weapons, which is one of the reasons he is breaking records this year (also obviously due to his line). It's clear that Brady will break Manning's records this year (he is well more than on pace to), but that does NOT mean that he is the better quarterback.

@faith no more:

do ya remember that???

ingleses%20cabisbaixos.jpg

061011paul.jpg

061011eduardo.jpg

what the shame!!! is england ou of the eurocup???

rire.jpg