The Sports Thread

Fuck the Patriots, Moss said it right after the game. Those records don't mean shit, focus on the big game - but oh will the rest of NE listen? Oh of course not! They're going to play their starters well into the game after they get a big lead and they're going to be QQing when one of them gets injured.

Meanwhile I'll be laughing.

Yeah, that would make me so fucking happy. Brady tears his ACL or something.

Now, 20 years later, the NFL has a drug policy it should be proud of. No, it's not perfect. Those trying to beat any drug test have the money and chemistry to do it. It would be naïve to think players aren't using performance enhancing drugs. Some are clearly.:headbang:

What is this a response to?

Are the Qs supposed to look like tearing eyes? If so that maybe one of the lamest smileys I've ever seen. Unlike this one t(o.ot)

Yeah, it is pretty commonly used over in WoW - 'They're going to nerf Rogues in 2.4' - 'Quit QQing you little bitch'

( . Y . )

On Topic: If the Patriots end up winning next weeks game, but lost the last one, is that more of an achievement than the 72 Dolphins? I mean that is 15 in a row vs. 14

:lol: Two words: Hell No.

The Pats this season is more impressive. I just looked up the 72 Dolphins and their schedule wasn't nearly as hard as the Pats this season. Here's the records of the teams the 72 Dolphins beat

This was a very stupid statement. How can you even attempt to compare two teams with 35 years in between them? Fact of the matter is, unless the Pats win the Super Bowl undefeated, their record at the end of the season is all for naught. They have yet to accomplish anything, so until they do, let's just calm down and step back into reality for a bit.

I was only referring to the regular season, and whether a team with one loss but yet had won more games straight in one season could be considered more of an achievement than the undefeated 14-0 team.

Keep your pants on King Richard.

I was only referring to the regular season, and whether a team with one loss but yet had won more games straight in one season could be considered more of an achievement than the undefeated 14-0 team.

Keep your pants on King Richard.

Well that's partly the point. Regular season means nothing man. Who would want to have a perfect regular season, or even a 1 loss regular season, and not win the super bowl. I assume the Pats want to go for it all, and if they don't this "road to perfection" like I said earlier was all for naught. A big waste of time.

Well that's partly the point. Regular season means nothing man. Who would want to have a perfect regular season, or even a 1 loss regular season, and not win the super bowl. I assume the Pats want to go for it all, and if they don't this "road to perfection" like I said earlier was all for naught. A big waste of time.
I agree with you, I'm just trying to put out a hypothetical

Plenty of Super Bowl winners go forgotten after a year or two. It's a much bigger deal to go 16-0. That won't be forgotten. If the Pats don't win SBXLII, they'll still be remembered as a dominant team.

If the playoffs were all that mattered, then Trent Dilfer and Mark Rypien would be better QBs than Dan Marino. People put too much stock in the playoffs.

i tend to agree with the above. we can all agree there have been teams in the past who won playoff games, even superbowls, who just were not the "best" team in the league or even one of the best. it happens that they just played better than the teams they met in the playoffs. chances are if a mediocre, over achieving team beats a dominant regular season team one time, they'd lose the next 9 out of 10. so, not a better team - just better on that day.