The Sports Thread

Fuck yes @ Dallas losing.

I also won my fantasy match by quite a fucking good bit, it was close as hell for a while but shit turned out well :) I've still got 2 people left to play and I've already won by 43. My stepdad seems to be my opponent next week in the playoffs with his win tonight, but there could be an upset in the making seeing as he's only up 70 with someone who has Adrian Peterson, and I've had Peterson score 100 while I was up against someone with him.

I'm well in the lead in my fantasy match-up, thanks mostly to Tom Brady failing to pile up the points for my opponent, the only way he's been winning. Looks like I'm headed to the finals yet again.

The Pack could theoretically get first place in the NFC. Dallas needs to lose again.

And Miami wins. That's good.

I think being able to pitch effectively at 45 (and not like Jamie Moyer) should make it more obvious.

I just don't agree that "40+ player throwing more fastballs than curveballs = more likely to be juiced". A guy throwing like Roger Clemens may very well be using more energy, but a guy who throws like, say, Greg Maddux is still putting a huge amound of stress on his body- and certainly more on his joints. Don't forget that Clemens, in his later years, had lost a lot of his velocity and his ability to go deep in games, and relied a lot more on control than he did on velocity. If the guy was 45 and still throwing 95+ for seven innings, I'd be with you here, but that wasn't the case with Clemens.

Even though he did, in the end, turn out to be juiced, I simply do not see how throwing fewer breaking balls at an advanced age makes a guy more likely to be juiced.

chargers.gif

We'll see you in the playoffs.

Fuck the Patriots, Moss said it right after the game. Those records don't mean shit, focus on the big game - but oh will the rest of NE listen? Oh of course not! They're going to play their starters well into the game after they get a big lead and they're going to be QQing when one of them gets injured.

Meanwhile I'll be laughing.

Mathiäs;6790986 said:
Yeah, we'll see you for the first round. 1 and done.

I hope not. If we get to play in two playoff games, I will be pretty satisfied. Of course we all want to go all the way, but winning is round 1 will make me happy. We will likely face Pitt, Jax or Cleveland. We have a running game, so we can go to cold weather. Pitt, SD and Cleveland are all likely to end at 11-5, and Jax is likely to go 12-4 (but will be a WC because of the Colts who I can't see finishing worse than 13-3).

I hope the Pats get knocked out in their first round.

I just don't agree that "40+ player throwing more fastballs than curveballs = more likely to be juiced". A guy throwing like Roger Clemens may very well be using more energy, but a guy who throws like, say, Greg Maddux is still putting a huge amound of stress on his body- and certainly more on his joints. Don't forget that Clemens, in his later years, had lost a lot of his velocity and his ability to go deep in games, and relied a lot more on control than he did on velocity. If the guy was 45 and still throwing 95+ for seven innings, I'd be with you here, but that wasn't the case with Clemens.

Even though he did, in the end, turn out to be juiced, I simply do not see how throwing fewer breaking balls at an advanced age makes a guy more likely to be juiced.
I guess I can;t argue with you. My claim was pretty unsupportable.

Mort, what does "QQing" mean?

A winner is me! gg cookie.

I was looking at the list of names again last night, and some of them are pretty "wtf". Brian Roberts? For real? Must have been to come back from that nasty fucking elbow injury.