The Sports Thread

OSU's scheduel was a joke this year...when they play real teams w/ speed, power,& athletes (sec teams) they can't hang. I'm a Michigan fan so i'm liking this latest outcome.Though, this was supposed to be a bit of a down year for OSU w/ many promising underclassmen, they could be back in the championship game real soon?

They always have a good defense like much of the big ten...thankfully the stagnant, conservative, offense of Loyd Carr is gone.Rich Rodrigez will bring a whole new offensive style & hopefully success to Michigan.

Four football fans - a Cowboys fan, a Packers fan, a Colts fan, and a Patriots fan - are climbing a mountain and arguing about who loves his team more.

The Cowboys fan insists he is the most loyal. "This is for the Cowboys!" he yells, and jumps off the side of the mountain.

Not to be outdone, the Packers fan shouts, "This is for the Pack!" and throws himself off the mountain.

The Colts fan is next to profess his love for his team.

He yells, "This is for everyone!" and pushes the Patriot fan off the mountain.

:lol:

I've seen that joke applied to a Brit, a Frenchman, a Texan and a Mexican who have to jump off a plane in order to save everyone else on board.

The Texan yells "Remember the Alamo!" and pushes the Mexican off the plane.

Go Pack! It won't be an easy game. Dallas could lose very easily as well, as could New England. Indy should stomp the Chargers though

I think New England is the most sure victory of the bye teams. I think the Chargers/Indy game will be much more competitive than people are thinking. On the NFC side, I think it will be the bye teams winning. So my pick is for one upset this weekend, and hopefully it is the Chargers.

I don't think that ANYONE should right off the Jaguars. They've got two fantastic running backs and if they can manage to establish the running game with the two of them as well as be able to effectively pass when needed they can win it. This game is really a matter of outscoring the Patriots because I really don't see the Jags D stopping the Pats but you never know.

As I said before, I'd love it if the Jags won. They have a chance just like any other team would, but they probably won't. And I say that for a reason, which I will explain later after the game is over.