The Sports Thread

Eli has been great. His only problem in the past has been that 1 interception at the worst time. He is not doing that now.

Tougher opponent for Pats? I think the Giants being very physical/tough on both sides of the ball especially on defense. Giants offense is clicking as well. Though, I think the sexier matchup would have been Pats v GB, Favre v Brady etc. But the whole Boston v NY rivalry fuels this game as well.

KR, I'll end my Spygate thing this way.
Not defending Pats or attacking any team, only speculating in general after the incident. But everyone is dancing around a simple question. Does anyone think other teams have done the spy-gating or similar ways of cheating yes or no? If no then fine, we'll agree to disagree. I think this has probably happened before, just other teams have not been caught.

Eli has been great. His only problem in the past has been that 1 interception at the worst time. He is not doing that now.

Tougher opponent for Pats? I think the Giants being very physical/tough on both sides of the ball especially on defense. Giants offense is clicking as well. Though, I think the sexier matchup would have been Pats v GB, Favre v Brady etc. But the whole Boston v NY rivalry fuels this game as well.

KR, I'll end my Spygate thing this way.
Not defending Pats or attacking any team, only speculating in general after the incident. But everyone is dancing around a simple question. Does anyone think other teams have done the spy-gating or similar ways of cheating yes or no? If no then fine, we'll agree to disagree. I think this has probably happened before, just other teams have not been caught.

What does it matter? You keep asking this stupid hypothetical questions, but for what reason? What are you trying to prove? Like I said before, all you are doing is trying to sweep the issue under the rug. Teams that cheat should be punished and be held accountable to whatever end we want.

Wow! Still won't answer the question.
You think you'd answer even if it was to shut me up, but deep down you probably think this cheating has happened before and saying so would mean its not only the hated Patriots doing it. Then your criticism or hate to "whatever end we want" would maybe be directed elsewhere. Not trying to prove anything or sweep anything. Its a topic or discussion (even being hypo.) that obviously people are still too bitter to move on and talk about. I even threw in some other SB game / team talk etc. Geez, sorry I won't waste anymore time.

But all I see in your logic is "The Patriots are doing it so someone else has to be cheating too." We have no way of knowing if other teams are cheating but since they haven't been caught we assume they might not be cheating. I guess since you know, they are your favorite team and all you can dismiss this easily. I bet last year if the colts were caught cheating, you would have gone blue in the face talking shit about them after they beat the Pats =/

According to my roommate, every team "cheats," but it just happened to be that that Pats got ratted out. I find it ironic that it was in a game against the Jets, a team they obviously wouldn't have to cheat to beat.

Well allow me to be the first to tell you to convey my thanks to your brilliant roommate who knows more than God and has been able to solve this mystery despite a total lack of tangible evidence. Way to go science.

Well allow me to be the first to tell you to convey my thanks to your brilliant roommate who knows more than God and has been able to solve this mystery despite a total lack of tangible evidence. Way to go science.

But all I see in your logic is "The Patriots are doing it so someone else has to be cheating too." We have no way of knowing if other teams are cheating but since they haven't been caught we assume they might not be cheating. I guess since you know, they are your favorite team and all you can dismiss this easily. I bet last year if the colts were caught cheating, you would have gone blue in the face talking shit about them after they beat the Pats =/

My logic is hate the Patriots all you want and be thrilled they got caught. Just don't be silly enough to think they are the first team in the history of football to ever do this.
I don't have convicting evidence that other teams have cheated, its just a general question, discussion and opinion that I think other teams have cheated. I hate the Colts for other reasons and because they are the Pats biggest rival period. I almost assume that the Colts or any other team has tried spy-gating / cheating or whatever and it really would'nt surprise if it has happened before.

Mathiäs;6890867 said:
Yeah, that roommate of yours must be the new messiah

Eh. It's NOT right of me to do so, but I trust my roommate's opinion when it comes to sports, because he knows more about sports than anyone I know, including the guys who work at WEEI (the Boston area sports radio station).

According to my roommate, every team "cheats," but it just happened to be that that Pats got ratted out. I find it ironic that it was in a game against the Jets, a team they obviously wouldn't have to cheat to beat.

Yes, and funny how the coach who did the ratting ends up looking like a jackass, is not very well liked and supposably does'nt have the respect from his fellow coaches, gee I wonder why (whos he ratting out next). Yeah, I know he was under Belichick but like him or not Belichick would never rat out a coach and always preaches respecting the opponent even in his dull "coachspeak" press conferences.

In other words you're trying to justify the actions of your favorite team.

Nope! Whatever, the thing people hate the Pats for need to remember that thier own team has most likely done some of the same things. Wheres the evidence? Well I'm sure its there and what does your gut tell ya?
Remember the Pats got fined because they were warned twice not to have vid on the sidelines and they stupidly ignored a 2nd warning. However, they were not the first team to be warned albeit once. For teams to be warned at all means they are doing something illegal.

No. Any coach who forces a player back on the field after he had suffered a concussion - and was not cleared by the medical staff or the player personally - is an ass.

No. Any coach who forces a player back on the field after he had suffered a concussion - and was not cleared by the medical staff or the player personally - is an ass.

and this never happens in the NFL, get real. Thats what I mean by the nature of the sport and what they deal with, good or bad. That player who was a fav of mine ended up sounding less and less credible the more he talked about his medical situation and has had other issues as well.

Devils pwned the Flyers 7-3 tonight. 5 pp goals for the Devils tied a team record.

the Patriots "cheated" and got caught. no one knows what kind of advantage it gave them, if any. why the fuck are people still arguing about this?

My B's got slapped again by the Canadiens 8-2, WTF!:erk:

Actually as wrong as it was I don't think it gave the Pats a big advantage. There are specific coaches standing on the sidelines stealing down/signals plays and relaying it on the spot. That you can't do with a film in game, and I'm beyond it anyway.
I'm not the one arguing here, just trying to have a post spygate general discussion about the NFL. Others are arguing instead of answering simple questions whatever, but who am to...?:)
I'm game for any topic.