The Sports Thread

At first I thought that further explanation was needed, which is why I took the time to explain myself. You have never once addressed the core of the issues that I and many others have raised. Whatever argument is presented, and no matter how thoroughly and eloquently it may be stated, your response is always the same: "lalalalala you guys are jealous and bitter because you lost." It is easy to be gracious in victory, more difficult in defeat. However you, much like the team you support, seem to have no concept of graciousness or sportsmanship at all.

Ultimately, I'm sad for you and those like you. Most sports fans have been taught from an early age that while winning is nice, how you play the game is as important. Sportmanship and the importance of a strong character are necessary life lessons that sports helps to instill in the young. Apparently you have never learned these lessons.

Sports are entertainment is; a diversion from the pressures of our daily lives. They are not the end-all and be-all of our existence. They are not life and death. None of us will lose our jobs or develop a tumor or see a loved one die due to the outcome of these games. Sports are a leisure activity. The difference between people like you and the rest of the world is that the rest of the world actually cares about things like sportsmanship, character, and fair play.

You, however, care only about winning. And so, when your team is criticized for its repeated examples of bad character and foul play, you are mystified as to why such complaints are being made. The only way your narrow mind can make sense of it is to assume that everybody else thinks like you. In this fantasy world, legitimate complaints about underhanded tactics get translated into jealousy. Because these tactics do not bother you, you cannot conceive how they would bother others. But they do. And that is the central flaw in all of your arguments.

So go ahead, respond as you always do that I'm jealous and disappointed that the Colts lost (not even to the Pats mind you, that's another impressive leap of logic you've consistently taken). If you ever cared to address the issues we've raised, we could possibly have had an interesting discussion. But in every case, you've taken the easy way out.

I'm so certain the Pats are going to win today that I'll make the wager that if the Pats lose, I will have to put a gay pride triangle (or something equally humiliating and disgraceful) as my avatar.

My point is, there is NOT A CHANCE that the Pats will lose. I think I'm just going to watch the game here. I can't wait till WHEN the Pats win.

You know what, I'll take this fucking bet. What are the stakes?

I'm so certain the Pats are going to win today that I'll make the wager that if the Pats lose, I will have to put a gay pride triangle (or something equally humiliating and disgraceful) as my avatar.

My point is, there is NOT A CHANCE that the Pats will lose. I think I'm just going to watch the game here. I can't wait till WHEN the Pats win.

Holy shit that was a stupid thing to say.

I'm certain you're a faggot

Uh, as far as I know, nobody is refusing the accept that the Pats are a better team than everyone else in the league. What people seem to be doing is expressing the opinion that the Patriots do not deserve the praise that is being lavished on them because of their cheating, which is obviously true. The accomplishment is diminished by the cheating, even if it was just once.

And, yes, you do need to present some form of evidence aside from "well that's what I heard" when you want to make the claim that "everyone does it".

I can accept and understand that.
I only think the amount of praise that the Pats get is false, they don't get enough praise for being plain good. I think the fact they got nailed for spygate was just stubborness by the coach to continue to allow it on the sidelines. Again, I've said it before the edge it gave them was probably minimal and the coaches on the sidelines who steal signals with thier own eyes and adjust on the spot gives them a better advantage than the video. Do I have evidence in my hand, no, but I have heard things from people in orginizations and I bring it up not to direct away from the Pats but to mention and realize that its going on throughout the league. Also other teams have been warned and also film the same way from the stands so there is really no big difference. Yes the Pats were wrong but I think the amount of criticism and cheating has been way overblown to the point that anything good that the Pats have ever accomplished is because they cheated, I just don't think thats the case.
Enjoy the game.

So you're saying you'll make the bet, as in I will have to put that in my avatar if the Pats lose, and you have to do something similar if the Pats win?

If the Giants win, you will put a logo of both the Giants and Colts, and quote the following: "I love the Manning brothers."

If the Patriots win, I will put a Patriots logo in my sig followed by this quote: "The Patriots are the best team ever."

For one year. (both of us)

If the Giants win, you will put a logo of both the Giants and Colts, and quote the following: "I love the Manning brothers."

If the Patriots win, I will put a Patriots logo in my sig followed by this quote: "The Patriots are the best team ever."

For one year. (both of us)
Ok. It's on. What you suggested I put in my sig if I lose is better than what I had in mind originally.