The Sports Thread

Zeph, Eli outplayed Brady in the fourth quarter (as well as the rest of the game), so your claim about the Patriots potential victory by a significant margin doesn't really hold up all that well imo. Fair enough, this was definitely not one of his better games, and he was markedly less accurate passing than usual, but I think the most important thing about this game was that it showed Brady for the true quarterback that he is: a POCKET QUARTERBACK. Under pressure, he's fairly poor. I saw on ESPN that only about 5% of Brady's passes this season came from outside the pocket. How many other quarterbacks can boast such an outstanding offensive line as Brady has been granted?

All of that aside, I have to say that from a purely unbiased spectator's point of view, this was a very good game to watch. In fact, this whole post season has been above average. And that Tyree catch was just ridiculous, especially considering the pressure Manning had to escape. On a personal note, the Super Bowl has been quite good to me lately. The last three Super Bowls have seen my 3 favorite teams all taking the title, so I can't complain.

The only way the Giants win was an ugly game and thats just what it was, very ugly!
The Wars are won in the trenches and the Giants d-line outplayed the Pats o-line. Give Brady time and he will kill ya, he was pressured all night and that was the difference in the game, period!
Congrats. Giants fans, enjoy it. Though, I'll take my 3-titles in 7-years and be very very happy.

Trent Dilfer was even a damn good quarterback when he was given as much time as Brady usually has throwing the ball. Oh, and before I forget:

At the end of the day we have 4 trips and 3 SB titles in 7 years, thats far better than any other team.

The Steelers won 4 in 6 years. AKA that's not far better than any other team, in fact it's not even the best. Very fucking good, one of the best ever, yes, but not "far better than any other team".

I think the most important thing about this game was that it showed Brady for the true quarterback that he is: a POCKET QUARTERBACK. Under pressure, he's fairly poor.

Don't be getting stupid again. In Brady We are talking about one of the greats and he has performed under pressure more times than not, thats a fact. The important thing this game showed is the Pats o-line sucked tonite and the Giants d-line was great tonite. So don't take anything away from the Giants d-line by knocking Brady.

No, that's not a fact. Under pressure, he's not all that great. He's just rarely under pressure.

The Steelers won 4 in 6 years. AKA that's not far better than any other team, in fact it's not even the best. Very fucking good, one of the best ever, yes, but not "far better than any other team".

I meant Better than any salary / free agency modern team, or better than teams you and others root for, in that aspect they have been "far better".

No, that's not a fact. Under pressure, he's not all that great. He's just rarely under pressure.

He has been in pressure games and situations his whole career, thats what the playoffs are. His rings and performance speak for themselves and squash your idiotic comments.

Your right. 3-rings, MVP in the big games, thats not great? Enjoy this upset but don't be sounding like an idiot with those comments.

I'm not looking like an idiot when his shortcomings have been pointed out in this thread previously. In my view, Joe Montana was a better quarterback because he wasn't strictly a pocket quarterback. He was mobile and did very well under pressure.

How about you control your temper? You attack me for that, yet you're throwing out insults left and right.

And obviously be "pressure" I'm talking about getting knocked on his ass, not "big game situations." When he's got people in his face, he's no better than anybody else. Stop throwing up super bowl rings as evidence for him being a great pressure quarterback when he's hardly ever got anyone in his face. He usually has more than enough time to make the play he intended to make, which pretty much no other quarterback can boast. For comparison, Roethlisberger often finds himself with an abundance of time to throw, but this is very frequently his own doing be alluding tacklers, which results in him very frequently being forced to throw the ball outside the pocket (unlike Tom Brady who is almost never outside the pocket).

Congrats. Giants fans, enjoy it. Though, I'll take my 3-titles in 7-years and be very very happy.
Cowboys had 3 in 4 years. :)

Eli Manning has shocked the hell out of me. Obviously the doubters, myself included, were wrong. While 19/34 for 255 yards isn't stellar, it was enough to win. I don't know how he did it, but he hasn't thrown a real interception in the playoffs, which is just shocking to me. This isn't the Eli that was in the regular season, this isn't the same Eli that we've ever seen. I don't know if he's as good as Brady or Peyton or even Romo, but he's certainly equal to them.