The Sports Thread

Man, I don't even know what to say. I lost my voice screaming so loud. I went to this sports bar and a table full of patriots fans was sitting right behind me. Everytime the Giants did something good we screamed our balls off. They got really pissed and eventually left.

Aside from the fact that the Patriots just provided the sports nation with THE biggest choke job in history, the game was fucking awesome.

Yeah a choke job. Doesn't matter how well the Giants defense played, which I agree their d-line was phenominal, this years Patriots team is always going to be remembered as the biggest chokers in NFL history.

I'm pretty sure any time a team goes into the Super Bowl undefeated and loses, unless they were facing another undefeated team, it's going to be considered a choke.

18-1*.

If Life Sucks does not honor the bet, he should be banned. Just my two cents, friends and neighbors.

18-1*

fuck the Patriots. classless fucks couldn't even stay on the sideline for the final snap. man i hate the Giants but i had to root for them tonight :kickass::kickass::kickass::kickass::kickass:

Mathiäs;6929393 said:
Yeah, classless is right. Fucking Bellichick walking off before the game was over

Haha. Fuck Tom Brady.

I hail the New York Giants.

hahahahahaha, I fucking love it!
and fuck belichick. fucking asshole

So the Giants didnt win, the Pats lost?
Give em some credit, that D was excellent. And if Eli would have played a little better in the 2nd and 3rd they would have scored even more.

What the fuck is a choke.

Come to my place and I'll show you.

So the Giants didnt win, the Pats lost?
Give em some credit, that D was excellent. And if Eli would have played a little better in the 2nd and 3rd they would have scored even more.

Like I said earlier, I give all the credit to the Giants and how the played. HOWEVER, that's not how history is going to remember the game. History is going to tell us it was the best season that never was.

btw I've been waiting to post this picture all season:
3987893_ef019f18c1_o.jpg

I'm not going to lie, I like Randy Moss as a player and wouldn't mind seeing him get a ring, I think he definitely deserves one, as well as Vrabel (was he on any of their Super Bowl teams) and Seau.

I'm not going to lie, I like Randy Moss as a player and wouldn't mind seeing him get a ring, I think he definitely deserves one, as well as Vrabel (was he on any of their Super Bowl teams) and Seau.

Vrabel has been on all 3 of the Super bowl teams.

As for Randy Moss. He has proven himself to be a piece of shit on and off the field enough for me. But that's on you I guess. He surely could have picked a better team to join than the Cheatriots.

It's a horrible thing to say about football when Rex Grossman makes the super bowl one year and Eli Manning wins it the next year.

The guy who lead the league in turnovers the past two years has been paying in February and one of them won.

Maybe the Cowboys can get Trent Dilfer or something and we might atually win a playoff game... the NFL is a copycat league.

Damn those first year quarterbacks and not winning the Super Bowl. I mean 30 points per game in your first full year as a quarterback? He must be the next Kyle Boller. God, I hate quarterbacks who set all your franchise records in their first full year. Let's just cut him now.

I'm willing to give him a few more years, since he is young and still maturing,

Again, pissed in general about the Giants winning. Excuse my short temper. He's an amazing quarterback, especially when he is in trouble in the pocket or when it disintegrates, but his overall performance in crucial December and January games has been horrible. I think he pays too much attention to the media. The more they cover him the worse he does, I've noticed.

He has been in pressure games and situations his whole career, thats what the playoffs are. His rings and performance speak for themselves and squash your idiotic comments.

1972 dolphins :headbang:

BTW:

Because Bill Belichick wanted to go hide when he lost, the field ended up being flooded with people, and the officials had to clear the area before the Giants could take their final snap and make it official. When you lose, you take your loss. You don't leave early because it makes you feel sad inside. Your opponent deserves more respect than that.

Anyone remember in 2004 when Randy Moss left the sidelines with two seconds left in a Vikings vs. Redskins game? Moss was selfish, a baby, a quitter, didn't respect his teammates, and didn't respect the game. Belichick just did the same thing, but did it on the biggest possible stage, and did it from the position of a leader of men.

Maybe there's something to be said for the inability to lose well ... most great winners don't lose well, and a sore loser is still a loser.

But still, if you're an adult, you finish out the game, and you give your opponents the stage and the respect they deserve.