The Sports Thread

I have to admit that game was the worst NFL game ive ever seen. So overhyped and such a fucking let down. Cant believe I only got 3 hours sleep before work for that. Not only did I wanna see a team go undefeated for a season in my lifetime, but god......It was just so poor, and boring. Not to mention the half-time 'entertainment' being dreadful. I really hate Eli, jeez.

Rant over.

That's what you get for rooting for the Patriots.

My Patriots bias aside, I personally thought it was one of the best Super Bowls I've ever seen.

I just wanted to see a record matched, Patriots or not.

I still think the best Superbowls ive ever seen were the Pats v the Panthers in 2004, and the Broncos (Elway is a God) v the Falcons in 1999. They were intense.

And obviously be "pressure" I'm talking about getting knocked on his ass, not "big game situations." When he's got people in his face, he's no better than anybody else. Stop throwing up super bowl rings as evidence for him being a great pressure quarterback when he's hardly ever got anyone in his face

I will throw up the rings because he's had a major part in winning them, if he did'nt, then I would'nt. My point is saying he is "fairly poor" under pressure is inacurate and over doing it. Did you watch the game? Brady was'nt under pressure, HE WAS GETTING FUCKING KILLED when dropping back to pass, call out the offensive line, not him.
I'm surprised he physically made it thru, did'nt have 3-4 fumbles lost and or interceptions. Yet he still marched them down and threw what should have been a game winning TD. How about Samuel intercepting a ball in hands (twice) that would have ended it? How about the Pats d-linemen actually sacking Eli instead of letting him escape and throwing a prayer during the last drive? Somebody make a fucking play! Any of this happens then we are talking about Brady getting the job done somehow, someway as usual great players do.

Tell me he did'nt have his best game and I can accept that, yet he still did his part on his final drive.
Brady is really not "fairly poor" at anything and his mobility and pocket presense is better than you give him credit for.
Except for Welker, Faulk and Brady, absolutely call out the entire team and the Coach, but not those 3-players who showed up to play.
Congrats to the real Giant football fans and your team who deserved and won a hard fought game.
I can say this with great disappointment, but without bitterness or excuses. The feeling you have now is what I've had 3x's before, so I can only be happy not bitter.
To the blowhard fans, just try and think before you post. If and when your team wins 3 titles in 4 years and 3 in the past 7, or if the football knowledge increases and the foolish comments decrease, then you can sling some shit. Until then, shut the hell up and don't bother wasting time.

To the blowhard fans, just try and think before you post. If and when your team wins 3 titles in 4 years and 3 in the past 7, then you can sling some shit. Until then, shut the hell up and don't bother wasting time.

I'm a pretty big cowboy fan, and we were never convicted of cheating. And i have never belittled Adams, Davis, Gurode, Kosier, Columbo, or any other cowboys blocker to defend Romo when the TEAM loses. so you can STFU, because it was not 3 on 22 like you are trying to make it out to be.

I'm surprised he physically made it thru, did'nt have 3-4 fumbles lost and or interceptions

dont try so hard to defend him. pathetic.

There was no play during that game where Brady did something that made me think he was a great quarterback. He made no great plays. He did a poor job of avoiding the rush, failing to escape the pocket often, or throw it away when that was the play to make. His accuracy was shoddy for most of the game, including badly missing Moss on an easy TD (but then picking it up two plays later when the CB fell down. There were also several badly thrown deep balls. Most of his yardage came on short routes to Welker, who was usually quite open, and then he did a lot of the work after the catch. There were two efficient drives in that game. A lot of mediocre quarterbacks can put together two drives.

I just do not see how Brady is so great. Most of the time he has all day to throw to wide open WRs. I think Elway, Marino, or Manning would have easily have had better stats if they had the same supporting cast, and a coach that encouraged running up the score and stat padding.

Brady had trouble throwing accurately, because he was getting hit on every play. They had no support from the running game and every time they tried to go deep he was getting planted in to the ground.

You also have to consider that if Manning doesn't make that play to David Tyree and subsequently lead the game winning touchdown drive, we're all talking today about how Brady came through when it counted again. It's not Brady's fault, you have to have protection and at least the threat of the running game to be able to throw the ball.

Manning, Elway, and Marino always had and have top 10 offensive lines... you'll find great protection is a constant with all great quarterbacks.

Brady was'nt under pressure, HE WAS GETTING FUCKING KILLED when dropping back to pass, call out the offensive line, not him.

Uh, isn't that what pressure is?

To the blowhard fans, just try and think before you post. If and when your team wins 3 titles in 4 years and 3 in the past 7, or if the football knowledge increases and the foolish comments decrease, then you can sling some shit. Until then, shut the hell up and don't bother wasting time.

Irony ITP.

great game. the giants defense was all over brady.

i know it wasnt a high scoring game, but credit to both defenses for putting up one hell of a fight.

and that manning sack escape to long bomb pass is one for the history books
~gR~

Can people wake up and take this to another level!

I never said Brady was great at any point during the game and he had his share of mistakes. Though he did get his team in the end zone, the lead on his final drive and showed unbelievable toughness, thats what great players do even when they are not at thier best.
I will most definitely call out the Pats linemen in this game. They were pathetic, it is one thing to to let up some pressure but when your QB is getting killed on every snap, cmon? My only point is don't just look at one game and make foolish accusations and mention shortcomings like it happens all the time. Look at the players overall performances.
How is it that I have seen Peyton Manning in numerous playoff games throw 3 picks in a game and not deliver? How much throughout his career has he been protected like a King? How many times has he had all the offensive weapons by his side? Yet he has only 1-SB ring, when he should have about 2-3 in my opinion. Around these forums though he is considered a God and never makes mistakes or gets criticized . I say all this hating the player, yet I have respect for his talent and professionalism and can recognize when he has played really good, just o.k., or really bad and can comment on it objectively. Others should try doing this.

I agree to a point, specifically with the point about the O line. However, I think that Eli should be getting the attention here, and not Brady. He's the one who pulled the Giants together and led them to this win. The defense was phenomenal for both teams, but Eli got his team to the endzone when it mattered, and I think that that deserves respect.

I just do not see how Brady is so great. Most of the time he has all day to throw to wide open WRs. I think Elway, Marino, or Manning would have easily have had better stats if they had the same supporting cast, and a coach that encouraged running up the score and stat padding.

Hello? Somebody help me, even the haters. Did you see the records and stats Brady put up this year? I don't think you could do much better than that and yes even with the QB's you've mentioned. Does'nt matter, stats are nice but they don't win Championships. They are won in the trenches, big play-making, and desire. With that, the Giants had the edge.

I agree to a point, specifically with the point about the O line. However, I think that Eli should be getting the attention here, and not Brady. He's the one who pulled the Giants together and led them to this win. The defense was phenomenal for both teams, but Eli got his team to the endzone when it mattered, and I think that that deserves respect.

Eli deserves credit, took big strides in that game and in the playoffs as a whole. It was discouraging though to see 1-2 game ending gimme interceptions slip thru Pats DB's hands. I think the Giants D-line was the biggest difference in this game, they were outstanding!

How is it that I have seen Peyton Manning in numerous playoff games throw 3 picks in a game and not deliver? How much throughout his career has he been protected like a King? How many times has he had all the offensive weapons by his side? Yet he has only 1-SB ring, when he should have about 2-3 in my opinion. Around these forums though he is considered a God and never makes mistakes or gets criticized . I say all this hating the player, yet I have respect for his talent and professionalism and can recognize when he has played really good, just o.k., or really bad and can comment on it objectively. Others should try doing this.

so what if Brady plays on better teams than Peyton? you can't judge Peyton soley on his rings, i mean Trent Dilfer has a SB ring, and Marino had none, are you going to suggest that dilfer is better than freakin marino? And when Brady finally had the seson of the century (like Peyton had), he didnt get the ring, but does that mean he is any less of a QB?

Hello, did you see see the record and stats Brady put up this year? I don't think you could do much better than that and yes even with the QB's you've mentioned. Does'nt matter, stats don't win Championships. They are won in the trenches, big play-making, and desire. With that the Giants had the edge in that game.

Manning got 49 TD passes with like 2-3 games to go, btw. and he didnt have 1 reciever break the TD record and have nearly half of the TD passes he threw.

Eli played better all-around than Brady did, under pressure and not under pressure. The Patriots offensive line didn't have their best game, but you know what, they didn't play a bad game. It's just the the Giants defensive front is REALLY FUCKING GOOD. Like, REALLY, REALLY, REALLY FUCKING GOOD and knows when they need to step up, which is why they led in sacks (sacks which were fairly evenly distributed among the whole line, mind you). So don't all of a sudden shit on the offensive line to try to excuse Tom Brady's poor performance. Brady made quite a few of his own poor throws that couldn't be blamed on anyone but himself. Hypotheticals (IF Eli didn't escape being sacked, IF a cornerback or safety was skilled enough to intercept a pass, IF the Patriots defense was able to perform better on the Giants' offensive line) are irrelevant, because the what ifs never happened. Eli made the play. Samuel didn't make the play. The Giants line did step up, on offense and defense. What about the Giants' hypotheticals? What if Steve Smith was able to make that easy grab in the second and not result in Eli's only interception of the playoffs? They probably would have scored a touchdown on that drive if he was able to make that easy play. Basically, playing the what if game is useless because it works both ways.