The Sports Thread

If it comes out that he was covering up for a larger conspiracy, then yes... he should. Of course it's a sad day, because he did so much good for the NFL, with his intolerance for retardation. But, this is inexcusable. I hope we get another Tagliabue-esque commissioner because I don't think he'll make it to next year. First baseball, then basketball, and now football, may have been contaminated by cheaters... What sport should I have faith in now?

But Pete Rose should not be banned as he did not bet against his team. He ALWAYS tried to win. Pete Rose and Shoeless Joe FTW.......
You will never see me support a cause more passionately.

Anyonw qho thinks otherwise should checvk their facts.

What sport should I have faith in now?

This is hockey's chance to get popular again.

But I doubt it.

If Goddell has been hiding Bellichick's cheating history for so long, he likely did the same for many other coaches. Now he thinks that with Bellichick he cleared his name by helping Congress land a big fish, but I'm sure it's far from over.

If Goddell has been hiding Bellichick's cheating history for so long, he likely did the same for many other coaches. Now he thinks that with Bellichick he cleared his name by helping Congress land a big fish, but I'm sure it's far from over.

Um...what? Actually, if anything, he was covering this up so it wouldn't have destroyed the integrity of the NFL. Not that he's also covering up for other teams. That's like saying every team tapes, but the Patriots are the ones who were caught. Come on.

All in all, Belichick has been cheating for 112 regular season games, 15 playoff games, and 3 Super bowls. That's a pretty big fucking deal.

Well, logic tells me that since Belichick has been cheating since 2000, Brady started in 2001, therefore all of Brady's success is based off of his coaches cheating. Now who wants to argue with me about how much better Manning is than Brady. Any takers?

MANAGUA, Nicaragua (AP) — The New England Patriots won the Super Bowl and ended the season with a perfect 19-0 record - at least it looks that way in Nicaragua.

The NFL donated 290 Patriots hats and an equal number of team jerseys trumpeting the slogans ``Super Bowl Champions, 19-0'' to impoverished children from two small communities in southern Nicaragua.

Thursday's gifts could not change history - the Patriots lost the Feb. 3 game to the New York Giants 17-14 - but they made a lot of youngsters in the communities of San Gregorio and Buena Vista very happy, said Miriam Diaz, spokeswoman for the humanitarian organization World Vision, which arranged the donation with the NFL.

``They (Patriots) lost, but the children won,'' Diaz said.

The only ``football'' most of the children know is soccer, but they were very enthusiastic about the U.S. version of the game once the rules were explained to them, she said.

``They were very happy to receive the hats and jerseys,'' Diaz said. ``They said they did not expect such a surprise.''

Neither did the Patriots.

I thought some of you might appreciate this.

That happens every year for all the major sports. My cousin with connections to New Era Cap Co. managed to snatch a cap that says "Buffalo Sabres 1999 Stanley Cup Champions".

No Goal.

King, I have to respecfully disagree with your sig photo and comment:

Greatest catch ever:
36930_600w600h.jpg