The Sports Thread

I'd like to thank the Blue Jays for cooling the Yankees' hot-streak in time for the Fenway showdown.

I'd like the thank Daisuke Matsuzaka in advance for re-starting the Yankees hot streak. I called him "Pitcher of the Rising ERA" the other day. I thought it was way clever.

That Wang-Beckett matchup on Saturday is going to be intense.

I'd like the thank Daisuke Matsuzaka in advance for re-starting the Yankees hot streak. I called him "Pitcher of the Rising ERA" the other day. I thought it was way clever.

It was exactly as I predicted. I said that he would be very good the first half of the season and suck the 2nd, when everyone figures him out.

Wang is a joke. He gets over 7 runs of support a game. He's maybe in the top 15 starters in the AL. Nowhere near the top though.

I'm not surprised the Pats were "cheating" like that. However, I'm sure that some of the other teams also do things along those lines. The Pats just happened to get caught doing it.

This is a big series between the Sox and Yankees this weekend. If the Sox take two out of three or sweep the Yankees, they are in good shape. If they get swept again, then they are probably screwed and the Yankees will more than likely end up catching them.