The Sports Thread

There's no question that Alex Rodriguez is the MVP. Nobody else even comes close, especially when you take into consideration the individual player's value to their team. A Rod WAS the entire Yankee team at the beginning of the season. When everyone was playing horribly, he hit something like 17 home runs in the first month or some ridiculous number like that, tying the record for home runs hit in that month.

Mathiäs;6519838 said:
I thought he was hitting like .350.

Maybe that was Ordonez. He was hitting .370 and now it's like .312

Ah, yeah I guess you were thinking of Ordonez. He's still around .352, I think.

There's no question that Alex Rodriguez is the MVP. Nobody else even comes close, especially when you take into consideration the individual player's value to their team. A Rod WAS the entire Yankee team at the beginning of the season. When everyone was playing horribly, he hit something like 17 home runs in the first month or some ridiculous number like that, tying the record for home runs hit in that month.

For the most part, that's right, though it should be noted that Posada has also had the best offensive season of his career and has been extremely consistent. Even still, he's been nowhere near as productive as Rodriguez.

For real? I really can't tell if that's a joke or not, because there is nothing Jeff Loria could do that would surprise me (except for trying to win). I know Loria, John Henry and Bud Selig are all buddies, and Bud loves to help his buddies. But even though Boston has the biggest potential market and the most potential revenue, there's no one that could ever compete with the Red Sox for fans.

The Red Sox could build a 60,000 seat stadium and sell it out every single game. Would there really be enough interest in the novelty of seeing NL really high enough to draw any more fans than the Marlins currently do in Miami? People seem fairly content with a few weeks of Interleague in the middle of the season.

Maybe if there had been another team in Boston all along, or if there was an interest in getting the Braves back, then someone would have a chance at cutting into the Red Sox fan base, but I can't see it happening.

But, again, Jeff Loria seems to love running franchises into the ground, so he just might go ahead and do it.

Yeah. Marlins are like the major league's farm system. Let the Marlins raise your stars in the big league's and then trade for them once they've matured.

The Marlins have won two World Series though, so they occasionally do try.