The Sports Thread

Like they didn't already have San Diego's signs well-documented already. They're still cheating, and they've been cheating for years, and will never stop cheating.

Mathiäs;6522363 said:
Way to blow a great game by throwing Jeter a straight fastball right down central

Thing is, Derek Jeter is pretty good at baseball and is what they call "clutch".

Man, that was one hell of a game. Games like that are what makes baseball so great.

(Also: Big Pop-out, lol.)

Rivera fucking sucks these days...actually these last 2 seasons. Getting old, champ. I think they should set Joba up as their new closer after Rivera leaves.

Rivera fucking sucks these days...actually these last 2 seasons. Getting old, champ. I think they should set Joba up as their new closer after Rivera leaves.

Indeed, it appears that Mo is about at the end of his rope. Maybe another year or two, but nothing past that. Very sad indeed, considering that he really is a lot more than just a great ball player. The Yankees themselves all say that he's the heart and soul of the team. He seems to make other players better just by being around them. I really think that when he leaves, it will be even harder than saying goodbye to Bernie Williams.

Joba may be an excellent option to be become the closer, but they seem intent on using him as a starter. There are apparently some other guys in the system that have closer-type stuff, but I couldn't tell you who any of them are at this point. I think if Pettitte comes back, we're looking at Wang, Pettitte, Hughes, Kennedy, Joba and Mussina to fill out the rotation next year. Obviously one of them has to be the odd man out, and I guess it could possibly be Joba going to the bullpen. But if they trade Mussina or Pettitte decides to hang it up, we'll definitely see Joba in the rotation.

It is also worth noting that I no longer recognize the existence of Carl Pavano.

EDIT: I just remembered some of the guys they've been talking about to eventually replace Mo. Humberto Sanchez is one, as well as Jose Veras. Ross Ohlendorf is supposed to be good, too.

fuck! when are liverpool gonna get the extra 2 games to be even with everyone else? amazing we're in 2nd with 2 games less than man u, but cmon now! quit tryin to hold the reds back lol

also, i think the entire arizona defense was on the juice last night. they dominated the seahawks
~gR~

fuck! when are liverpool gonna get the extra 2 games to be even with everyone else? amazing we're in 2nd with 2 games less than man u, but cmon now! quit tryin to hold the reds back lol

also, i think the entire arizona defense was on the juice last night. they dominated the seahawks
~gR~

You were lucky against Pompey man. We should have won. But I like Liverpool so ill let you off with a draw. :p

i have no idea why liverpool didnt stomp pompey into the fucking ground. reina is one of the best keepers around, so its no suprise he stopped that penalty.
~gR~

Man that Chargers / Patriots game was depressing. Those stinking Patriots are too good. Yeah, maybe the Chargers haven't hit their rhythm totally yet, but they are still a good team and will do well. But dang! That first half was just like we weren't there.

Don't talk no crap, King. If the Patriots keep playing like that, they will shred your beloved Colts.