The Sports Thread

You don't achieve dominance like that purely from old video tape of a previous coach's signals. Chargers are a good team, but I saw that LT had the lowest yards/carry through the first two games of any major running back which is shocking (no pun intended)

shit! what happened to riise? no wonder we didnt do well this weekend. riise is the man. and he's on my fantasy team. ive been getting no points!
~gR~

You don't achieve dominance like that purely from old video tape of a previous coach's signals. Chargers are a good team, but I saw that LT had the lowest yards/carry through the first two games of any major running back which is shocking (no pun intended)

I am not sure why Lt wasn't run more. We were passing a lot, and that isn't the way we did so well last season. He was getting some yardage on his runs against the Patriots. The low 2 game average is more due to the Bears game than the Patriots game.

But the Chargers just got beat. It's still early. I am really regretting the decision to get rid of Schottenheimer. At least we have some games against normal teams the next few. Maybe we can get in a groove.

I am pwning King Drunkard this week. He told me I was probably going to beat him though. The smackdown would have been greater had I played Palmer.

Yeah, bad week for me.

Man that Chargers / Patriots game was depressing. Those stinking Patriots are too good. Yeah, maybe the Chargers haven't hit their rhythm totally yet, but they are still a good team and will do well. But dang! That first half was just like we weren't there.

Don't talk no crap, King. If the Patriots keep playing like that, they will shred your beloved Colts.

No they won't. The Chargers just suck this year, and the Patriots are playing good, not excellent. The Colts can and will still beat the Patriots just like they've been doing since '06.

Do yourself a favor, stop bringing up the cheating, all you are doing is making yourself look stupid. THEY CHEATED. Using their first two games to justify it is fucking stupid. I mean, if they really didn't need to use the tapes to "dominate", as you so eloquently put it, then why do it in the first fucking place? Stop being a Pats homer for about two seconds and understand this. The taping they did IS a serious matter, probably DID help them dominate sometimes, cost people a chance at the playoffs, or even at the Super Bowl trophy, not to mention it probably cost people jobs. *COUGH* entire SD coaching staff *COUGH*

No they won't. The Chargers just suck this year, and the Patriots are playing good, not excellent. The Colts can and will still beat the Patriots just like they've been doing since '06.

You're wrong, but you're allowed to have opinions. The Colts will not dominate this Patriots team. The Colts will likely loose to San Diego the following week as well, just like two years ago when we ended your winning streak. The Chargers don't suck, but they have faced two good teams (or at the very least two teams that played good) and have yet to really gel. But they will, and soon. Them Colts just squeeked it out this week.

Do yourself a favor, stop bringing up the cheating, all you are doing is making yourself look stupid. THEY CHEATED. Using their first two games to justify it is fucking stupid. I mean, if they really didn't need to use the tapes to "dominate", as you so eloquently put it, then why do it in the first fucking place? Stop being a Pats homer for about two seconds and understand this. The taping they did IS a serious matter, probably DID help them dominate sometimes, cost people a chance at the playoffs, or even at the Super Bowl trophy, not to mention it probably cost people jobs. *COUGH* entire SD coaching staff *COUGH*

KR has a huge point. I am not saying the Patties didn't beat the Chargers last night, because they did. But I cannot help but hate that team more than I ever have. They are so full of pride and they are all being so vocally supportive of their "family" and seem to have no remorse or sense of shame about this absolutely reprehensible and shameful behavior. They are fully supporting a coach that lies about misunderstanding a rule that is so simply worded and clear that any kindergarten student would have no problem understanding it. It's all very sickening and amazes me. Yeah they should stick together, but there is no way they should defend that behavior. The whole team implicates themselves.

You're wrong, but you're allowed to have opinions. The Colts will not dominate this Patriots team. The Colts will likely loose to San Diego the following week as well, just like two years ago when we ended your winning streak. The Chargers don't suck, but they have faced two good teams (or at the very least two teams that played good) and have yet to really gel. But they will, and soon. Them Colts just squeeked it out this week.

haha wtf? You are trying to prove my opinion wrong, with your opinion?

Wowowowow you ended Indy's THIRTEEN GAME winning streak! Good for you! What did that amount to in the end? Oh yeah, not a goddamn thing. Big fucking deal. The Colts may have "squeeked" out, but the fact of the matter is, Indy is 2-0, and look years ahead of SD right now.

KR has a huge point. I am not saying the Patties didn't beat the Chargers last night, because they did. But I cannot help but hate that team more than I ever have. They are so full of pride and they are all being so vocally supportive of their "family" and seem to have no remorse or sense of shame about this absolutely reprehensible and shameful behavior. They are fully supporting a coach that lies about misunderstanding a rule that is so simply worded and clear that any kindergarten student would have no problem understanding it. It's all very sickening and amazes me. Yeah they should stick together, but there is no way they should defend that behavior. The whole team implicates themselves.

Funny part is, Belichick was given a contract extension too. It's pretty obvious to me, their owner is full of shit and doesn't care either, otherwise he wouldn't have given Belichick an extension the same week he, and the orginization he works for was getting fined.

Football fans, tomorrow the Uefa Champions League starts, the group stages. I am very motivated, and i am looking forward for the Liverpool game against Porto, also the Milan game.

Wowowowow you ended Indy's THIRTEEN GAME winning streak! Good for you! What did that amount to in the end? Oh yeah, not a goddamn thing. Big fucking deal. The Colts may have "squeeked" out, but the fact of the matter is, Indy is 2-0, and look years ahead of SD right now.

It amounted to taking the steam right out of the Colts. After that they just deflated. Who went to the big dance that year? That's what I thought.

Dude, you are a fucking dumbass you know that? We lost in the first round of the playoffs because Vanderjact missed a field goal, which resulted in him being cut. I guess it didn't help that Tony Dungy's kid killed himself either.

You are seriously fucked in the head you know that? I don't know where you come up with these retarded arguments.

edit: Besides, SD didn't even make it to the playoffs that year. What exactly are you trying to prove?

Mathiäs;6523838 said:
I totally trashed all you bitches in fantasy football.

I had a bad week. 3 out of my 4 leagues lost/are losing. LT and Steven Jackson will have a blowout game sooner than later so it's all good. Congrats.

dont worry guys. the pats dont havent played the cowboys in years, they cant possibly have tapes. romo will put the beat down on those fuckers.

you are retarded.

The Cowboys defense sucks, they need to work on that if they want to go far in the playoffs.

I'm retarded? Why's that?

oakland raiders said:
Mrah! we're the oakland raiders, we dont have a chance next season, but because we thrive on a totally bad ass image and we dont give a shit! so as long as we wont win 4 games next season, lets piss everyone off by doing everything in our power to make sure the patriots the best team they've probally ever had! that will show vince young not to wait one more year!

Mrah! we're the oakland raiders, all our fans dress like the guys from Immortal!

mrah! we're the okland raiders, everyone in the nfl is now completley aghast and pissed off at us.... except our fans! Russel, no contract for you! Culpepper, how many pro bowls have you been to? take a seat! theres no Randy moss here! Now get in there McCown!

EDIT: oh, and fyi king richard, the chargers went 14-2 last year and lost to the pats in the playoffs.