The Sports Thread

Mathiäs;6541246 said:
I really hope they win the division.

I hope so, as well... Sort of. Winning the WC will result in the Yankees playing the Indians in the first round, where they would have to play the Angels if they took the division. Yankees vs. Indians: Good. Yankees vs. Angels: Bad.

Anybody see that beautiful pick at first base in the Yankee game?

No, sadly. I told my friend that I'd watch the Eagles game with him today, forgetting that it was at the same time as the Yankee game. :cry: Iggles game was pretty cool, but I would have preferred to watch my Yankees win.

JOBA RAPE, YANKEES WIN

I think Joba Chamberlain is the greatest human being in the history of the world.

Man, I'm so glad that Bernie Williams retired. He was a lazy base runner and a poor center fielder. Now with Cabrera in his place, tha Yankees have been able to pull off plays that they haven't been able to do for years. I'm really amazed as how excellent Cabrera has been in center field, plus he's really been stepping up on offense as of late as well.

This makes me sad because Bernie Williams is one of Yankees all-time greats and a very cool guy (he had the repuation of being the nicest guy on the team). He was a great player in his day, but he just aged so poorly. I miss Bernie, and I wish he didn't end his career the way he did, but Melky really is a better choice in every way. I just can't wait until the Yankees have Bernie Williams day and they retire his number.

Also I wish I could find a copy of his album somewhere.

No, sadly. I told my friend that I'd watch the Eagles game with him today, forgetting that it was at the same time as the Yankee game. :cry: Iggles game was pretty cool, but I would have preferred to watch my Yankees win.

http://newyork.yankees.mlb.com/news...tent_id=2225883&vkey=recap&fext=.jsp&c_id=nyy

Click on one of the videos and then look at the menu on the right and click on "Molina picks off Rios."

I didn't know you were black :p

I liked the Yankees back when they weren't even making the playoffs tbh. And I listen to Metal so I'm clearly not of niggardly persuasion.

http://newyork.yankees.mlb.com/news...tent_id=2225883&vkey=recap&fext=.jsp&c_id=nyy

Click on one of the videos and then look at the menu on the right and click on "Molina picks off Rios."

I liked the Yankees back when they weren't even making the playoffs tbh. And I listen to Metal so I'm clearly not of niggardly persuasion.

SUFFOCATION_Featured_Pic1.jpg

Anyway, I just said that because you said "tha"

But but but, the E is like 3/4" away from the A, you couldn't possibly have hit it by mistake! Liar!

edit: TIACN, since when the hell did you care about anything? You're the resident "funny man" but you sure don't seam to have a sense of humor, even if something wasn't funny, you act like you get offended.

Well I've always cared about stuff. All kinds of things. I'd like to think that I generally don't come off as being "offended" by things. "You're stupid", for instance, I don't care so much because I'm reasonably sure that you're fucking around. I mean obviously I need to shoot something back, though, because that's how I roll. This time, however, I had nothing so I just went with that.

The shit I can't stand is when people (MasterOLighthing) automatically assume that I'm a "frontrunner" for being a Yankees fan. I might have written it off as a joke, but MasterOLighthing has accused me of being a "frontrunner" before. It's petty and retarded. If someone lives in Atlanta and is an Athletics fan no one gives a shit, but put a Yankee fan anywhere other than 161st street and you've got all sort of assholes wanting to accuse you of jumping on a bandwagon and it grows very, very tiresome.

The Yankees were 14 1/2 out of first place this year, under .500, and I was still watching them every day, talking about them on here and going to every Saturday home game and then some. Yet I still get called "frontrunner".

So yeah that actually pisses me off.

Well I've always cared about stuff. All kinds of things. I'd like to think that I generally don't come off as being "offended" by things. "You're stupid", for instance, I don't care so much because I'm reasonably sure that you're fucking around. I mean obviously I need to shoot something back, though, because that's how I roll. This time, however, I had nothing so I just went with that.

The shit I can't stand is when people (MasterOLighthing) automatically assume that I'm a "frontrunner" for being a Yankees fan. I might have written it off as a joke, but MasterOLighthing has accused me of being a "frontrunner" before. It's petty and retarded. If someone lives in Atlanta and is an Athletics fan no one gives a shit, but put a Yankee fan anywhere other than 161st street and you've got all sort of assholes wanting to accuse you of jumping on a bandwagon and it grows very, very tiresome.

The Yankees were 14 1/2 out of first place this year, under .500, and I was still watching them every day, talking about them on here and going to every Saturday home game and then some. Yet I still get called "frontrunner".

So yeah that actually pisses me off.

Oh, I see. I guess you just misunderstood my post, I wasn't joking about Nec being a my pals because he's a Yankees fan, I said it because he said "tha" instead of "the" which he later explained was just a typo.

edit- I'm not all knowledgable about the Yankees (their games don't get broadcasted over here much) but I like them.

Oh, I see. I guess you just misunderstood my post, I wasn't joking about Nec being a my pals because he's a Yankees fan, I said it because he said "tha" instead of "the" which he later explained was just a typo.

Oh. Well, then. Good show.

edit- I'm not all knowledgable about the Yankees (their games don't get broadcasted over here much) but I like them.

Yeah they're cool. People get very jealous of Yankee fans, though, so they get very nasty with us.