The Sports Thread

Not stamina, ball control, strategic possibilities and finally, the 'third dimension'.

Anyway, I don't think many of you are very familiar with cricket. It's very similar to baseball, only slightly more diverse and comparatively slower paced (not counting a very recently added format). The world cup is going on these days, and a few days ago, this guy set a new world record for 6 consecutive maximums in an over (6 balls) for the first time. Here it is:

Last edited by a moderator:
so scoring one goal is good enough for you?

Hockey > soccer
hitting, speed, goal scoring.

No more than one. I actually like Ice hockey and it takes alot more talent than some other sports, so id agree with you there. But 'soccer' is shit ive been watching some MLS games and they're all crap, however the big football leagues Premiership, La Liga, Serie A are fucking awesome.

Padres or Dodgers if he can still field, but that is doubtful as well.

No way in hell.

I really can't see anyone wanting him. If he goes anywhere I suppose it would probably be the Angels.

I want him to the Athletics. But I'm angry at the Giants, you have to be loyal to your greats. They have a bad habit of letting their greats go (Mays, McCovey)

I heard that the Angels, Athletics and Rangers all want him. All of those are intereting prospects for Bonds.

The Rangers offer him the chance to hit a ton of homers (provided he plays regularly) in the bandbox in Arlington, the Atheletics keep him in the bay area and the Angels offer him a very good chance at what he wants the most: A ring.

I figured the Angels and maybe the Rangers would want him, but I'm surprised about the A's. The two of those teams that fail to get him will probably each make a very serious effort to trade for Manny Ramirez.

Again, not everyone needs a DH, not everyone is willing to pay a guy like that and not everyone is willing to overlook the things that he's associated with. The Yankees, for instance, would have absolutley no use for him.

Then there's the fact that he isn't that great anymore.

Somehow I could see the Yankees picking him up as a DH.

Or Mets using him.

Speaking of the Mets, can't you fucking lose for once?!?!?

I can't think of too many teams besides Texas that will want Bonds. His contract demands will put him out of the range of almost every team. He's going to ask for three times what he's worth. DH is probably the easiest position to fill anyway.

My predictions for NFL winners this week:

Baltimore, Green Bay, Tampa Bay, Pittsburg, Detroit, New York J, New England, Kansas City, Indianapolis, Seattle, Cleveland, Jacksonville, Washington, Carolina

My fantasy team should own this week...

Vince Young
Delhomme
Steve Smith
Housh
Randy Moss
Hines Ward
Addai
Gore
LaMont Jordan
Todd Heap
Berrian